Question

Feb 28, 2011
Hello all (first post)
I purchased my in-laws home in Nov (western NY) 2010 and it has a 22,000 in ground vinyl pool ( I used it more than anyone anyway.) The vinyl is about 2 years old but when the people installed it they left a couple of creases in it that run the length of the pool width.
My question is can I even get a robotic cleaner for it? Would the brushes on the cleaner puncture the vinyl? I am a complete noob at this and am going to hit the pump section up pretty soon as well.

I am really excited to own a pool just a little nervous about everything I am reading here.

Any thoughts would be gratefully appreciated.

I have a vinyl pool and have been using the Jacuzzi Cleaner (same as the poolcleaner) for a couple of years and I also have some creases in the liner. It does not seem to be a problem. It might tend to shorten the life of the liner in those spots, but I have yet to see a problem.

having recently purchased a couple new 4-wheel versions of "the pool cleaner" off eBay (total cost per unit under 400), I was told the 4-wheel model is for pools deeper than 6 ft in any section (...but also pointed out that a 2-wheel model would likely work fine...)

I just bought a 4-wheel suction version and love it. If you call the manufacture they will steer you in the right direction. I called thinking that I could use the 2-wheel version and they told me that I needed the 4-wheel version form my pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.