Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Question

1. Back To Top    #1

Question

Hello all (first post)
    I purchased my in-laws home in Nov (western NY) 2010 and it has a 22,000 in ground vinyl pool ( I used it more than anyone anyway.) The vinyl is about 2 years old but when the people installed it they left a couple of creases in it that run the length of the pool width.
    My question is can I even get a robotic cleaner for it? Would the brushes on the cleaner puncture the vinyl? I am a complete noob at this and am going to hit the pump section up pretty soon as well.

I am really excited to own a pool just a little nervous about everything I am reading here.

Any thoughts would be gratefully appreciated.
    22,000 In-Ground Vinyl Fox Pool
    250,000 MiniMax Pentair natural gas heater
    4 returns 1 skimmer 1 main drain
    1hp Hayward Max Flow II single speed
    Sand fox pool Filter
    First year owner of the aforementioned.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Question

Look here http://www.thepoolcleaner.com you can order there two wheel version with wheels for vinyl pools

3. Back To Top    #3

I have a vinyl pool and have been using the Jacuzzi Cleaner (same as the poolcleaner) for a couple of years and I also have some creases in the liner. It does not seem to be a problem. It might tend to shorten the life of the liner in those spots, but I have yet to see a problem.
    16x32 IG vinyl, 19,000 gal, 1.0 hp pump, sand filter, 2 returns, 1 skimmer, diving board, slide

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks guys. I will look into that. Is there a reason I would not look at the 4 wheeled version?
    22,000 In-Ground Vinyl Fox Pool
    250,000 MiniMax Pentair natural gas heater
    4 returns 1 skimmer 1 main drain
    1hp Hayward Max Flow II single speed
    Sand fox pool Filter
    First year owner of the aforementioned.

5. Back To Top    #5

having recently purchased a couple new 4-wheel versions of "the pool cleaner" off eBay (total cost per unit under 400), I was told the 4-wheel model is for pools deeper than 6 ft in any section (...but also pointed out that a 2-wheel model would likely work fine...)

6. Back To Top    #6

I just bought a 4-wheel suction version and love it. If you call the manufacture they will steer you in the right direction. I called thinking that I could use the 2-wheel version and they told me that I needed the 4-wheel version form my pool.
    35K IG Vinyl 20 x 40 self built pool, Hayward Pro Series High-Rate Sand Filter 31" 98gal/min, Hayward TriStar 1.85hp, Hayward 400btu heater, BBB method w/Hypo, Jazz light w/matching fiber optic rope lighting around coping w/syncronized color wheels. Concrete Paver deck.