pool rock waterfall

VOL61

May 27, 2010
Hey Guys,
I am interested in a waterfall for our 18 x 36 Liner pool. My wife really enjoys the noise of a waterfall. I have been looking around and came across this from Pool rock.com. I was wondering if anyone on here has purchased a waterfall from this company and how realistic it actually looks. PB said he could build us a natural waterfall as well so that is an option. But we are on a budget here so I am leaning toward this. Just wanted some opinions.
Thanks,

http://www.definitivepools.com/pool_rock_canyon_falls.html

Can anyone share their experience with ricorocks, poolrocks or any faux stone waterfall?? Cant believe no one in this forum has pool the trigger yet. Maybe everyone is wealthy enough to afford real rocks?

Not so much about who's wealthy or not, has more to do with location. Out west here in Arizona (Texas is similar too), you can practically get all the rocks you need for a waterfall just excavating the hole for the pool build. Where I live in Tucson, you can't walk more than 10ft without tripping over a boulder. So the material costs for a waterfall here are pretty minimal, it's all labor and heavy moving equipment (cranes and such) that cost the most. I imagine in NJ, you'll have to truck in all the materials you need from further out.

Our waterfall is natural stone and it looks and sounds great. I know some folks who have "fake" stone waterfalls and they hate them because (A) they cheaply constructed and (B) the finish is chipping off making them impossible to clean without further damaging the waterfall.

I hope someone can offer you advice on what you're looking for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk,16k gal SWG pool (All Pentair), QuadDE100 Filter, Taylor K-2006

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.