Twisted pair 20awg??

Im on the final few steps of my plumbing renovation and new equipment install, just getting ready to install my GLC solar controller and i ran into a problem. The book says to use "twisted pair 20 awg" wire to install the sensors, but what exactly is this? I looked around homedepot.com and could find twisted pair 18-2 (its speaker wire) but not 20 awg.

Anybody know what i should be using to connect these?

Home Depot sells a GE Category 3 wire which would be more than good enough. Twisted thermostat wire also very similar. CAT 5 wire would work also but 23 g may be a bit small for your terminals. I prefer solid copper wire for permanent runs and stranded wire for jumper wires or cable subject to exterior of cabinet bending and flexing.

learthur said:
Home Depot sells a GE Category 3 wire which would be more than good enough. Twisted thermostat wire also very similar. CAT 5 wire would work also but 23 g may be a bit small for your terminals. I prefer solid copper wire for permanent runs and stranded wire for jumper wires or cable subject to exterior of cabinet bending and flexing.
Cat5 cable is a good idea I've got a couple hundred feet in the closet!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.