First time using backwash valve-How to help needed.

Jan 17, 2011
I have a newly installed backwash valve (cat #263064) on my Pentair Quad DE filter.
I need someone in the business to help me with step by step instructions.
Thanks for any help, I believe this is an easy procedure but I want to get it right the first time.

San Marcos,California 20K Pool, Pentair Quad DE ,Above Ground, Pebble Tec 1/2 HP Whisperflow Pump ,IntelliChor SWG

I believe that you turn off the pump, twist the valve handle to unlock, push the valve handle down to engage backwash, twist to lock, turn on the pump, wait till the backwash water runs clear, turn off the pump, twist to unlock, pull up into filter position, twist to lock, and turn the pump back on to go back to normal circulation.

Only move the valve when the pump is off. Sometimes the water coming out will start clear, then turn dirty, so don't give up too quickly if the water starts out clear.

I understand the push pull valve instructions the part that I do not understand is- 1.Do you release the air from the top air release valve before changing the valve position? and 2. Do you add DE back into the filter after backwashing?

I have the owners manual, but I could not find a step by step instructions for the procedure.
So far this is what I have tell me if this sounds right.
1.Release air pressure from pressure gauge at top.
2.Shut off power at control box.
3.Change valve position to backwash.
4.Turn on power at control box.
5.Run backwash until water is clear.
6.Repeat cycle between filter and backwash.
7.Add 9.6 pounds of DE slurry to skimmer.
Please let me know if this sounds right.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.