Sludge and maybe black algae

Well it has been and interesting winter down in FL. We had hi winds and below freezing nights. I turned the pump off during this period and now have black sludge in pool. I tried to manually vac it out of the pool; but would not come out. Here is my latest water test:

FC. .02
PH 8.2
TA 100
CH 320
CYA 0
Temp 72
Already have added 3 qt. MA to bring down PH. I am going to Leslie`s to see what they say. Do you guys have any input? Thanks purptiger

Raise your chlorine, run your pump and don't listen to what Leslie's has to say. Scoop the sludge out with a pool leaf rake or net.

You should always run the pump if you have temps below freezing.

I'll add a few 2 cents....your CYA going to zero is a possible sign that you are going to have a very high chlorine demand - follow the process for shocking your pool (see link below)... raise your CYA to 30-50 until you complete the shock process with liquid chlorine - then once the FC is holding overnight you can resume using your SWG (and raise your CYA up to 60-80).

Shocking Your Pool
Water Balance for SWCGs

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.