Wiring a Jandy Stealth SHPF

I have a Jandy Stealth SHPF 1.5HP pump wired internally for 220V. The terminal strip has three available connectors labeled "A", "L1", and "B" (a white wire is attached to "L2"). I have two red wires. Anyone know which of the three terminals they go to? Guess I should have looked more carefully when I disconnected them :oops:
Thanks

Welcome to TFP!

All you have is the two wires? You need a ground.

L1 and L2 are your line inputs for 220. The data plate on the motor should have a diagram.

Sorry, I should have mentioned the ground. It's clear that the ground wire goes to the green screw. L2 already has an internal white wire plugged in there. That leaves L1, A and B terminals for my two red wires. I would think that one of them goes to L1, but I don't know where the other one goes. The motor diagram shows the white wire going to terminal L2, which it is, but it only shows one "hot" wire going to L1. I have two red wires. With the wires disconnected I get 120V at each wire (230V between them) when I turn on the filter pump switch.

I'm really happy to discover this forum. When I get my pump going maybe I can get some help with my nonfunction Aquapure.

If you could post a picture of the wiring diagram from the plate on the pump I'm sure we could figure it out. I can't quite visualize what the diagram must look like from your description. The diagram on the pump might just have lines for the hot wires, they may or may not be clearly labeled.

There are many different ways that motors get wired up, and it varies with motor size and even across different production runs of a single model of pump. So you really need to go by the wiring diagram on the motor.

There are nearly always three wires, either (hot, hot, ground) or (hot neutral ground) coming into the motor from outside, but there can be anywhere from three to six terminals inside the pump. Sometimes the extra terminals are used as wiring points for components inside the motor any you never need to use them. Other times different terminals are used in different situations, ie screw terminals vs slide on connectors. Your two red wires are a standard 230 volt supply (hot hot ground).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.