Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chevy, Dodge, Hayward, Jandy, IECC musings

1. Back To Top    #1

Chevy, Dodge, Hayward, Jandy, IECC musings

This off topic conversation was split off of Hayward versus Jandy. JasonLion

Quote Originally Posted by bk406
    What is it with you guys and Hayward? I've got some Hayward equpiment and never had an issue. If the builder stands behind it, it should be fine. It's all basically the same when you get right down to it.
    And I bet you drive a Ford too, right

Sorry; seems like I might owe you one (and I'm a Chevy guy!)

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Hayward versus Jandy

Quote Originally Posted by simicrintz

Dodge durango and toyota avalon actually
    14,000 gallon IG, Vinyl. Hayward 3/4 hp superpump, Penatair IC40 SWCG, Pentair automation, Hayward sand filter, Aqua Comfort heat pump, Hayward 400k Lo-Nox LP heater.

3. Back To Top    #3

Dodge durango and toyota avalon actually
    OK; I'll let you slide this time then.....

4. Back To Top    #4

Why thx bruce!
    14,000 gallon IG, Vinyl. Hayward 3/4 hp superpump, Penatair IC40 SWCG, Pentair automation, Hayward sand filter, Aqua Comfort heat pump, Hayward 400k Lo-Nox LP heater.

5. Back To Top    #5

For the record, connecticut isn't new england. They just think they are. Its full of yankee fans! We call it newyorkachusetts.

And to clarify the DE comment. I know 24 people with pools and another 5 on my street and not one DE. My pool guy services over 300 and has les than 10% DE on his route. Maybe I overstated it bt ill stand by my statement that their not that popular in my area.

6. Back To Top    #6

There aren't any DE filters in California!!!

Just stirrin' the pot.........

7. Back To Top    #7

Whats DE????

8. Back To Top    #8

Quote Originally Posted by salp
    Whats DE????

9. Back To Top    #9

For the record, connecticut isn't new england. They just think they are. Its full of yankee fans! We call it newyorkachusetts.
    So what do you call Rhode Island - newyorkconnachusetts?

What's wrong with Yankee fans - they make good target practice when tourists aren't in season

Bruce - you're in Cali and are talking about stirring the 'pot' - )how else do you get the last bit of goodness out of the bowl)

Sal entered the conversation, whilst I typed, is 'stirring the pot' what y'all do whilst waiting for the RO process to finish?
    Luv& Luk
    -Ted

Having done construction and service for 4 pool companies in 4 states starting in 1988, what I know about pools could fill a couple of books - what I don't know could fill a couple of libraries :-D

POOL SCHOOL, TF Testkits, Jason's Pool Calculator, CYA vs. cl chart, (Just a few DARNED handy links!)

10. Back To Top    #10

WOW, TFP is hot tonight!!!!!!

11. Back To Top    #11

I think we've officially veered off topic

12. Back To Top    #12

I think we've officially veered off topic
    Yep, a moderator needs to spank us.

I guess to bring it back to topic, I really agree with Jason. If you like the builder and he has a good rep, the equipment is probably secondary. If he's good, he'll stand behind the equipment. A lot of times the builder who deals in a certain brand will be an authorized service center and can get things done fast, as Waste alluded to.

13. Back To Top    #13

Quote Originally Posted by waste
    Also, federal laws, soon (?) to be implemented in the 50 several states will require 2 speed pumps for motors over 1HP (as well as more efficient plumbing).

:
    Can you point me to the source for this? I've googled it and i cant find where this is happening at a federal level. Also the efficient plumbing regs have me curious too. Where can i find the info?

14. Back To Top    #14

Quote Originally Posted by waste
    Also, federal laws, soon (?) to be implemented in the 50 several states will require 2 speed pumps for motors over 1HP (as well as more efficient plumbing).

:
    Can you point me to the source for this? I've googled it and i cant find where this is happening at a federal level. Also the efficient plumbing regs have me curious too. Where can i find the info?
    Check out the most recent (last one I see is 2006) INTERNATIONAL ENERGY CONSERVATION CODE.
    (title 20 refers to pool pumps - & it's >= 1 HP ) As I said, it hasn't, as of 2010, been adopted in Ct., but Cali is usually way ahead of the curve on such things - I'd look to them for the first implementation, with the other states signing on, in the usual pattern.

Doopie, sorry for the digressions in your thread Sometimes this is the way we get together and figure out various issues/ share news. I'm confident I can speak for all who have been involved here in saying that "your question is important to us and we'll do our collective best to get you the answer you need"
    Luv& Luk
    -Ted

Having done construction and service for 4 pool companies in 4 states starting in 1988, what I know about pools could fill a couple of books - what I don't know could fill a couple of libraries :-D

POOL SCHOOL, TF Testkits, Jason's Pool Calculator, CYA vs. cl chart, (Just a few DARNED handy links!)

15. Back To Top    #15

Ted,
    Its still a state thing. There's no federal statute in the works for any of it.

16. Back To Top    #16

Some federal tax credits are tied to IECC compliance.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

17. Back To Top    #17

In CA it is called Title 20 and includes all appliances.

Pump testing is on page 85.

Pump requirements are on page 147.
    Mark
    Hydraulics 101; Pump Ed 101; Pump/Pool Spreadsheets; Pump Run Time Study; DIY Acid Dosing; DIY Cover Roller
    18'x36' 20k plaster, MaxFlo SP2303VSP, Aqualogic PS8 SWCG, 420 sq-ft Cartridge, Solar, 6 jet spa, 1 HP jet pump, 400k BTU NG Heater

18. Back To Top    #18

Nothing like that in Mass at this point.

19. Back To Top    #19

BK, thats why California is such a wonderful place to live... We have the best weather... What else do we have??? oh ya... Weather!

20. Back To Top    #20

And u guys are more broke than us but not by much.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast