2650 intex sand filter 2011 model

dario

Feb 26, 2011
just bought a 24x52 intex ultra frame and i want to upgrade the pump will this one be ok its on ebay for 199.00 free shipping will it keep up are should i buy a hayward pump combo but what size help :x :x :x :x :x :x

That unit is rated for 44 gpm so in theory it's large enough, However, it's always better to have a larger filter than you need. With a 24' pool I would recommend a larger filter than the Intex model. Having said that, we all understand the economic considerations and the Intex filter will do the job.

Ideally you want a relatively small pump and the largest filter you can afford. Even a large pool is normally fine with a 3/4 HP pump. Anything more than that and you are just wasting electricity. A larger filter means longer time between filter cleanings and a more efficient system.

It is difficult to recommend a specific model without some idea of your budget and what your electric rates are. If it were my pool I'd probably spend close to $1000 and get a huge filter and a two speed pump. However, you can get something that will work just fine for way less than that. It all depends on how price sensitive you are.

i have a question can i put the ground cloth that comes with it first then the foam board 2 inch then a heavy duty tarp that im going to buy then the intex pool i whould still like to use the tarp that comes with the pool. :|

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.