Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: 2650 intex sand filter 2011 model

1. Back To Top    #1

2650 intex sand filter 2011 model

just bought a 24x52 intex ultra frame and i want to upgrade the pump will this one be ok its on ebay for 199.00 free shipping will it keep up are should i buy a hayward pump combo but what size help

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: 2650 intex sand filter 2011 model

That unit is rated for 44 gpm so in theory it's large enough, However, it's always better to have a larger filter than you need. With a 24' pool I would recommend a larger filter than the Intex model. Having said that, we all understand the economic considerations and the Intex filter will do the job.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

if it was a hayward or a pentair which size would you you get thanks alot :P :P :P :P :P :P :P

4. Back To Top    #4

Ideally you want a relatively small pump and the largest filter you can afford. Even a large pool is normally fine with a 3/4 HP pump. Anything more than that and you are just wasting electricity. A larger filter means longer time between filter cleanings and a more efficient system.

It is difficult to recommend a specific model without some idea of your budget and what your electric rates are. If it were my pool I'd probably spend close to $1000 and get a huge filter and a two speed pump. However, you can get something that will work just fine for way less than that. It all depends on how price sensitive you are.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

5. Back To Top    #5

I have the Pentair SD-60 on my 24' x 52" pool and wouldn't recommend anything smaller. As Jason said, a 3/4 hp pump would be plenty big.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump

6. Back To Top    #6

i have a question can i put the ground cloth that comes with it first then the foam board 2 inch then a heavy duty tarp that im going to buy then the intex pool i whould still like to use the tarp that comes with the pool.

7. Back To Top    #7

As far as I know you can do that without a problem. I think 2" foam is overkill but if that's what you want it'll be fine.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator

8. Back To Top    #8

dario,
    look here - styrofoam-base-for-pool-t26024.html
    Also do a search under my handle I have been using foam for years!
    Intex Ultra 18' x 52" AG 6,981 Gal.
    3 - 2'x20' solar panels
    Hayward XStream 1500 Cart Filter
    Hayward 1-1/2 HP 2-speed Superpump
    Aquabot Pool Rover
    2-Softub 300 hot tubs (yup just got one for the lake)
    TF Test Kit Doing the BBB for 7 years
    Medota Heights,Minnesota