I could really use a bit of help with a new replaster

MrDude

May 8, 2009
Tracy,California
First off great site ...I have been trying to read alot. I just finished filling my "new" pool Its about 15000 gallons. I had the Stonescapes pebble installed my Ph is around 8 and TA is at 50 no chlorine added yet. Whats the best way for me to bring the Ph down and TA up?? I tried the pool calulator. Just didnt make sense..(update..makes sense now was putting the numbers in the wrong fields) ... I need to play with it but for now I need a quick answer. Thanks for reading.

That's a standard item in a lot of pool contracts. It's a CYA (Not cyanuric acid either :) ) item for places that may have metals, it keeps the metals in solution and keeps staining from happening. You need to check with the PB to see if that's a condition of warranty. If it's not, and you're absolutely sure you don't have metals in your fill water then you don't need it.

I have been fighting the PH for the last week. had it 2 days ago at 7.4 yesterday it jumped back up to 8.0 todays reading is at 7.0 and TA is at 50. Man its not easy working on this yet !! Just ordered a TF test kit ..my Taylor is over 2 years old.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.