(Q) Muriatic acid alternative

For as common as it seems, I am having hard time finding acid muriatic at my local supermarket or anywhere where I live. It may be weeks before they will stock it up again.
Is there a common product that I can use as an alternative ?
I just found out that, in my BBB method, using common bleach (12%) is causing my PH to constantly rise, thus I need to use a fair amount of acid on almost a daily basis to keep my PH in check.
P_

For less of an effect on pH, keep your Total Alkalinity (TA) lower. You might need to raise your pH target and/or CH to compensate for the saturation index. It could also be that the chlorinating liquid that you are using is high in pH. Good quality 12.5% chlorinating liquid has a pH of 12.5; more typical ones have a pH of 12.8; ones with a pH of 13 or higher would have a noticeable rise in pH that even a lower TA won't help prevent.

As for acid, you can use dry acid (sodium bisulfate), but check hardware stores as they usually have Muriatic Acid -- it's used for cleaning outdoor pavement, among other things.

chem geek said:
As for acid, you can use dry acid (sodium bisulfate), but check hardware stores as they usually have Muriatic Acid -- it's used for cleaning outdoor pavement, among other things.

I've found this at Home Depot, tucked way back in the garden section. You may have to clear off a layer of dust but they may have it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.