What does it cost to replaster?

Feb 12, 2011
Mesa, AZ
What does it cost to replaster? I was scrubbing my steps this weekend and some plaster chipped off. I think my pool is 40 years or so old and there are alot of cracks. I don't think it's leaking though. level seems good and is steady.

What finishes are you considering? What is the perimeter footage and maximum depth of your pool/ Do you have a spa also?

If you can get me that I can give you California pricing (YMMV!).

I don't know the exact footage. There's a label that's from a service company that said it's a 30x20 and it's a diving pool. but it's not square, and has no corners. I'm thinking I would just fix what I have. I have to save up for it so I'm looking to know a balpark figure. I work during the daylight hours so I'll post a picture this weekend.

Think of your pool as a number of rectangles with certain depths. Multiply the width x depth for each section around your pool and do the same for your bottom. You can estimate the approximate square footage by doing that. A ball park figure will work for good estimates.

For white plaster, and that depth, I'd say around $4,500.00-$5,000.00 (around here). Add a couple hundred more (or so) if you have a spa (depending on size). Colored plaster adds a little more, and obviously more for upgraded (quartz, pebble) finishes.

I'm not real sure how pricing is up by you, but you should be pretty close, especially in this economy and how slow our industry is. Is Adams Pool Plastering in your area? If so, you might try to get ahold of them. You can tell them I told you to call (PM me for additional info).

simicrintz said:
For white plaster, and that depth, I'd say around $4,500.00-$5,000.00 (around here). Add a couple hundred more (or so) if you have a spa (depending on size). Colored plaster adds a little more, and obviously more for upgraded (quartz, pebble) finishes.

I'm not real sure how pricing is up by you, but you should be pretty close, especially in this economy and how slow our industry is. Is Adams Pool Plastering in your area? If so, you might try to get ahold of them. You can tell them I told you to call (PM me for additional info).

Thanks. I haven't had the time to sit down and do the math to figure out my surface footage. It's a free form pool so I have 3 different semicircles and the avg depth to figure out. I'm betting I'm 10-11 ft deep in the deep end. All I know is the label in the add-on room says 20x30 Blue Haven pool 33K gal. I know my 3 piece pole goes to the middle of the 3rd peice when using the leaf rake. (btw, palm tree seeds are great at rolling UNDER the rake, and leave stains)

I have a co-worker whose whole pool remodel with pebbletec was around $6k, but I don't think he has a diving pool. I'm thinking mine might be only a little less. I figure I'm at least a couple years out from affording it. House is a higher priority (wife want to fix the rooms up first) so we're knocking things out one at a time. I just wanted to know the price of a 33K diving pool re-do, no fancy add ons. I just want it to work, and look decent really. Years from now I might make it an "oasis" but that's so far down the priority list it makes my heart sink! :rant:

Anywho, I'm just looking for a typical balpark figure. 5 to 6 G's give or take I assume.

now... about those dimensions.... Honey? Where's the measuring tape? :?:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
JasonLion said:
For a 30K gallon pool it is likely to be over $10,000.

GASP!!!!! :shock:

Looks like it's going to be closing time! I don't have that kind of money and can't get wife to agree to that kind of outlay when she still wants to travel or buy rental property. Not to mention she's already ****** that I spend a few hours a month working on it to keep it clean and neglect the vacuuming! :roll:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.