Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pentair Legend Likes To Get Stuck

1. Back To Top    #1

Pentair Legend Likes To Get Stuck

It hangs where the hose connects to the return. The manual does not mention anything other than check the wheel speed which was in range as for troubleshooting. I did replace the tires thinking it was getting traction when it hit the wall. Does anyone have any idea?

approximately 14,000 gallon polygonal pool. Pentair SWCG, Pentair VS, Pentair cartridge filter, Fafco Solar Panels, and a Pentair Legend pool sweep.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pentair Legend Likes To Get Stuck

Shay1208,

I'm wondering if the Legend is trying to go to the left when it gets to the wall and is getting stuck because the hose coming out of the side of the pool is hanging it up? It looks like that is whats going on from picture #2. I don't have this cleaner so no to sure exactly how it turns. Does it get stuck at any other part of the pool? Will it get stuck if the cleaner happen to hit the wall just to the left of the hose comeing out of the pool?
    Mark Crook
    13,500 Gallon 24' x 52" Intex Ultra Frame
    Intex Sand Filter and Pump, Intex SWG (All hard PVC plumbed)
    TFTestKit-100---Pool School---The Pool Calculator
    Location: Copperas Cove, Texas --- My Pool Build---Useful Links for Intex Pool Owners

3. Back To Top    #3

Mark, it get stuck at the same point. I have seen it get stuck on the left side of the fitting as well.
    approximately 14,000 gallon polygonal pool. Pentair SWCG, Pentair VS, Pentair cartridge filter, Fafco Solar Panels, and a Pentair Legend pool sweep.

4. Back To Top    #4

Shorten the hose connecting the sweep to the backup unit. 4" at a time.

Scott
    Owner of - PoolGuyNJ LLC
    Expert Pool and Spa Repairs, Renovations, and Augmentation. Helping people decide what is the right gear for meeting their needs. Expectations Set, Expectations Met, No Surprises.

5. Back To Top    #5

Mine does exactly the same thing.

PoolGuyNJ - When you say shorten the hose connecting the sweep to the backup unit 4" at a time, what does sweep mean? Is that the cleaner itself?

Thanks,
    Todd

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by PoolGuyNJ
    Shorten the hose connecting the sweep to the backup unit. 4" at a time.

Scott
    Thank you for the tip. I'll give it a try. It is a lot better since the water warmed up.

7. Back To Top    #7

It worked. I ended cutting off about 16" (4 times at 4" each). Been almost week since it got stuck.