Atlanta Area PB recomendations

Puffin

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 23, 2010
Metro Atlanta, Georgia
I'd posted a question about what to look out for when buying a house with a pool. http://www.troublefreepool.com/advice-for-looking-at-houses-with-pools-t28644.html I'd gotten a lot of good advice. One of the suggestion is hire someone to inspect the pool. I'm in Lilburn, GA, just east of Atlanta proper. Anyone have good experience with PB out this way that they would recommend to do a pool inspection?

Have you bought a home yet or still looking? What kind of pool does the home your looking at have (vinyl, fiberglass, concrete)?

In North Atlanta, my choice would be Atlas Pools on PIB at I-285 or Blue Haven Pools in Johns Creek. If they are to busy with pool openings, call Andy's Pool Service and specifically ask for Bill to see if he could do a detailed inspection. PM me if you want or need numbers. Let them know what you are doing and that you need an inspection before purchase and an opinion of the estimate of the life of the equipment and pool surface (how long on the liner, how long before re-plaster). This way you know what might be needed later and what is working now and what the sellers should fix before purchase. Just as a 20 year old roof should be replaced by the seller before closing, a 10 year old vinyl pool liner should be replaced by the seller before closing in my opinion.

The best thing we every did was require the seller to buy a 2 year Home Warranty from AHS to include two years on the pool before we bought our home. The DE Filter died as well as both pumps and we had an oven problem, HVAC heater issue, and the three year old hot water heater died, none of which were Red Flags at the time of the home inspection. Our refrigerator we moved to the house died and was still covered. Best thing we ever asked for above the usual in a home closing. AHS had a $50 deductible per call (this was 10 years ago), so if you need to call them, make sure all the pool equipment is checked after opening the pool because we got a new filter, and two new pumps for one $50 deductible.

Thank you for the update. We are in the process of buying the home, we just passed the due-diligence period. We ended up finding someone nearby to inspect the pool. My family and I are looking forward to this summer =) and I've been reading the info on this site like crazy trying to learn everything I can.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.