Extremely incorrect Temp reading from Sun Touch controller

Jun 24, 2008
East of Dallas
So, I have a Pentair SunTouch Controller and the water temperature reading is displaying 100 degrees +. True water temp is actually 52. Thing is, I can't change the water temp when I go into the menu options of the controller, will not let me lower the temperature.

Any ideas?

So when you go into the advanced menu you don't see options to calibrate the three temp sensors?

Do you have the manual? If not download it from the pentair web site - towards the back there is a section on calibrating the thermometers and there is a table of resistance values vs temperature - pull the sensor wires from the PC board and measure the resistance - if it matches the resistance for 52 degrees then the sensor is fine.

I had the same problem (I couldn't get the measured pool temperature below 130, when it was actually 68), and another website suggested a hard reset. I turned off power to everything for an hour, turned it back on and everything was fine.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.