Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Ever thought of having a reunion?

1. Back To Top    #1

Ever thought of having a reunion?

I was just thinking that I really have never met anyone on this website, peronanally. And was wondering if anyone has ever brought up the thought of having a reunion somewhere in the country where we could all meet. I wonder what the turnout would be?
    Carlos
    Pool: 28,000 gallons IG; IC 40 SWG; Pentair 120 gpm cartridge filter; Marble finish; Pentair Wisperflow 1.5 hp; Polaris 360
    Spa: 350 gallon; Bromine
    How to shock your pool

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Ever thought of having a reunion?

That sounds like fun, but it would be a lot of traveling. TFP members are spread just about everywhere across the US and around the world.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Oh DH and I would love a get together! It's fun to just dream about one.

He says we should have it at a hotel/resort with a lazy river.

You know we'd all bring our test kits

Lana
    23,600 gallon, refurbished 1960's inground concrete, Jandy sand filter w Jandy 2 hp variable speed pump, Pool Pilot Digital SWCG+Chemtrol 2100+CO2 tank; PebbleTec White Pearl with 10% Cobalt Blue Dark Beadcrete by Olympic Pool Plastering, Georgia. Taylor K-2006 Test Kit; Aqua Check Salt test; LaMotte borates test, and Jack's Magic Sequest test kit; SparklyPoolitis level: extremely high.

4. Back To Top    #4

sounds cool, i'd make a vacation of it!
    20,000 gal. 32' x 17' freeform custom pool, 3ft. shallow - 8ft. deep end, Pentair Whisper flow 2.2 HP WF-6, Purex/Triton Nautilus FNS48 DE filter, 2 Intex Chlorine Generators (retired) SR Smith Rouge Rapids curved slide, The Pool Cleaner 4-wheel model w/Hayward large leaf canister. Tightwatt pool timer Spa: Beachport 5 person/350gal. Wishlist: move Neiko Tools pump to slide, solar system, Fountain, Automation. http://www.poolcalculator.com/

5. Back To Top    #5

One time on another website I was on, we did a meet like this by state. In texas we met in austin and had 100+ people show up. Granted it was for a car show, but we had people all the way from floriday and california show up.
    13,000 Plaster IG Pool approx
    Hayward C5030 Cart Filter
    Emerson 1081 EB653 1.0 HP 1.40 S.F. 3450 RPM
    Pool Calculator, Pool School, TF Test Kits

6. Back To Top    #6

Sounds like a cool idea. There are quite a few members here in Florida. I wonder how many would meet in a central location like Orlando. The wife and I would definitely try to meet and make a weekend out of it as long as adult beverages were on the menu
    6,000 gal, IG free form,Beach Series Antigua by Marbletite Pebble finish,Sheer Descent, IG Fountain, Dolphin / Mermaid Statues,Dura- Glas 1.5hp pump,Hayward Pro-grid DE4820, Aqua Rite SWG with T-Cell 15,Heat Siphon Heat Pump DX 5.0 109,000 btu, Pool Cage, 1800sq ft Tremron Estate Pavers,Aquatherm Ecosun Solar Panels 192 sq ft with GL-235 Controller,Pentair IntelliBrite, Apollo Magnetic Stirrer Our New Poolbuild, Jacksonville, FL yr 2009 Solar install Outdoor kitchen upgrade

7. Back To Top    #7

I wouldn't go unless it was local. They started accepting vacation requests December 1 where I work, and it's first-come-first-serve, so my vacation time is already set. And planned.

Besides anxiety over our unattended pools, what would we have in common, anyway? And what would we do? None of us would get into the pool at the host hotel, I'll bet!
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

8. Back To Top    #8

I've kinda wondered when someone would bring this idea up.

We would probably attend as long as there was enough time for me to plan it.

9. Back To Top    #9

Quote Originally Posted by Richard320
    I wouldn't go unless it was local...
    x2

Even if local, I barely have enuff time to spend with family and friends as it is, much less internet ones. Just looking over this thread, brentr and benavidescj are probably within 20 miles from me. Still don't have time, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard320
    ...Besides anxiety over our unattended pools, what would we have in common, anyway? And what would we do? None of us would get into the pool at the host hotel, I'll bet!
    Obviously, we'd stand around and criticize the pool
    18k gal inground, everbrite finish, 505 sq ft; 1.5 hp two speed whisperflow; rheem 5100ti 100k btu heat pump; 3 sheer descent falls; DE filter; swg (cell out and using trichlor for now)

10. Back To Top    #10

Heck, yeah. The reason I built my own pool is that I hate swimming in other people's water...

That said, I have done the Real-Life MeetUp thing with people from other websites before, successfully. Hosted one where people came from as far as England. Travel to the mainland is pretty expensive for me these days, though.
    12' round above ground pool. 3,500 gal. Vinyl liner. Waterway Supreme Hi-Flo 48 frame pump. 1.5 hp. SWG. Sand filter with Zeobrite.

Thanks, members of Trouble Free Pool, for being so friendly and informative!

11. Back To Top    #11

Obviously, we'd stand around and criticize the pool
    No, Obviously, we'd stand around and analyze the pool
    [center:1kpalu48]Helpful Links: Pool School | CYA/Chlorine Chart | Pool Calculator[/center:1kpalu48]

12. Back To Top    #12

Quote Originally Posted by LauleaHere&There
    Heck, yeah. The reason I built my own pool is that I hate swimming in other people's water...

That said, I have done the Real-Life MeetUp thing with people from other websites before, successfully. Hosted one where people came from as far as England. Travel to the mainland is pretty expensive for me these days, though.
    Well since you have experience in this area and you ARE in Hawaii, makes sense to me that you should host one for us... :P

I'll come. I'm always up for a party!
    Helpful links: Pool School; CYA/Chlorine Chart
    24' round AG pool, 52" high, Raypak heater; Waterway 2 spd Pump;
    150 Sq ft. Clearwater Cartridge Filter; Former and DISSATISFIED "Pool Frog" owner
    http://www.PerfectlyClearPoolService.com

13. Back To Top    #13

Quote Originally Posted by frustratedpoolmom
    Quote Originally Posted by LauleaHere&There

Well since you have experience in this area and you ARE in Hawaii, makes sense to me that you should host one for us... :P

I'll come. I'm always up for a party!
    Eh, maybe I should! If you all aren't too picky about where you sleep (small house) I could host about a half-dozen.
    12' round above ground pool. 3,500 gal. Vinyl liner. Waterway Supreme Hi-Flo 48 frame pump. 1.5 hp. SWG. Sand filter with Zeobrite.

Thanks, members of Trouble Free Pool, for being so friendly and informative!