Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: DwnSth's Pool

1. Back To Top    #1

DwnSth's Pool

Finally after 10 months of difficulties and firing one PB our pool is done. Our backyard had been in complete dissarray since Katrina so it's very nice to have a usable pool and yard.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    22x42 Mountain pond vinyl liner w/polymerwalls Custom concrete steps and bench with spa jets
    7' round spa with stepped spillover
    Hayward 1-1/2hp pump and 500lb sand filter
    Pentair booster pump for polaris 280
    Savi 12v LED lights - 3-pool 1-spa (very nice)
    RayPak 8300ti heat pump
    Goldline PS8 contol system (worth every $)w/Aquapod remote (also worth every $)
    Goldline chlorine generator
    Blower for spa jets (a bit overpowered)
    Polaris Deck Jets

2. Back To Top    #2
    wow looks very nice, why did you fire your one PB.

3. Back To Top    #3

What part of Louisiana are you in? I'm in Lafayette!
    Fortune favors the well prepared

The build...
    viewtopic.php?t=3974
    Freeform 24' x 38' IG gunite. 3 1/2' to 8' deep. 28,500 gallons. AutoPilot Total Control SWCG. Pentair Intelliflo VF. Pentair CCP520 cartridge filter. Colorlogic LED lights. Tahoe Blue Diamond Brite. 1200 sq ft stamped concrete deck.
    More details as they happen...

4. Back To Top    #4
    Very nice!
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat

5. Back To Top    #5
    Very nice!

8200 gallon 20' x 48" round vinyl frame pool, manually chlorinated with 10% liquid, salt added to ~2000, 12" sand filter, 1600gph pump, TF100 test kit
    Handy Links: PoolMath, TF-100 Test Kit, Pool School, Chlorine/CYA Chart
    "Shock" is a process, not a product!

6. Back To Top    #6

Fantastic. I had ruled out vinyl, but now I will give it another look.

Can you explain how your steps were built? That is the one turnoff for me with vinyl; the appearance that the steps are just tacked on to one end.

Thanks for sharing.

Lee
    Lee
    10200 gal 12x24 IG vinyl, Dual Main Drains, Sta Rite System 3 cartridge filter, 1.5 HP pump, Zodiac LM3 SWCG, Letro Platinum w/booster, Colorlogic, Spraydeck, Deck jets, Oasis 36" Arch Waterfall, custom built BBQ island

7. Back To Top    #7

Thanks for the nice comments.

We're on the North Shore near Covington.

I fired first PB because he moved incredibly slow. Had said he only had two jobs, turned out he had at least 6 going, no one happy. After 8 months and with only panels in place he wouldn't commit to finishing the job in a reasonable timeframe so had to move on. Luckily we were directed to Pools N Stuff in Slidell who were willing to come into the partially finished job. Ultimately they did a great job.

The first (and fired) PB had actually done some very nice pools in the area, which is why we went with him. I think he simply got overextended. He's the one who did the custom concrete steps and bench. They're simply formed up wedding cake steps and a bench in the deep end (near spa). The liner had these included in the original specs and were included in the blueprint. Only problem is his form was not quite right so we have some slight wrinkle at the edge of one of the steps. The new PB's had really never seen this before but I like this much better than the pre-fab moulded pieces that I've seen on other liner pools.
    22x42 Mountain pond vinyl liner w/polymerwalls Custom concrete steps and bench with spa jets
    7' round spa with stepped spillover
    Hayward 1-1/2hp pump and 500lb sand filter
    Pentair booster pump for polaris 280
    Savi 12v LED lights - 3-pool 1-spa (very nice)
    RayPak 8300ti heat pump
    Goldline PS8 contol system (worth every $)w/Aquapod remote (also worth every $)
    Goldline chlorine generator
    Blower for spa jets (a bit overpowered)
    Polaris Deck Jets

8. Back To Top    #8
    Great yard. I love the look of the raised spa. I've added your pool to the slideshow.
    TFP Founder

My Pool: 13K gal IG gunite with 7' spa, Pentair Cartridge Filter, Intellichlor IC40 SWG, Polaris 280 Cleaner, TF-100 Test Kit w/ salt test.

9. Back To Top    #9

Very nice!
    Buggs

14,000 gallon, in ground, plaster, free form, play pool.
    Sta-Rite Max-E-Glass with a 1.5 hp Emerson motor
    WaterCo Micron High Rate sand filter S750 490 lb, 4883 sq ft - using ZeoBest
    In floor Polaris cleaning system
    Blue Diamond robot for those after storm days when I can't wait overnight for the in floor to clean it.