Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Misting System

1. Back To Top    #1

Riverside, CA

Misting System

Does anyone have a misting system installed in their yard?

My landscaper is running the water and lighting runs next week. We deleted a planter box adjacent to the pool for several reasons: I didn't like the way it interrupted the flow of the pool, I didn't want debris (rocks, dirt, etc) tracked into the pool and I don't want to take a chance of root intrusion into the pool. Instead; I'm going to have the landscaper run a water line to the location and we can install a couple drip lines to feed potted plants. We can move them, replace them or just have nothing in that area of the pool.

This got me thinking about a misting system or other kind of sprayer at the same location. I envision a separate water line that can be connected and disconnected from a sprayer. Has anyone done anything like this? Or seen it somewhere?

Maybe something a little more high-tech than this
    Attached Images Attached Images
    40x20 Free Form IG Pool (aprox 29,000 Gal, 140 Perimeter, depth 3'6"-7', Baja Shelf, 8x8 Free Form Spa) - Gunite Shell, Pebble Plaster Finish, Poured Concrete Coping - 3 Deep Heat Returns - Jandy LXi400 Gas Heater (400,000 Btu) - Jandy Variable Speed Pump JEP 2.0 - Jandy CL 600 Filter - HASA Liquidator - Jandy PDA 6 w/ Remote - 4x Jandy WaterColors Pool LEDs - 48" Gas Fire Pit - 6x Gas Tiki Torches - 12'x15' U-shaped BBQ Island (Firemagic Equipment)

2. Back To Top    #2
    Midland, Georgia

Re: Misting System

Don't know specifics as I'm new to swimming pools but Big Fogg (the company used by the NFL for those misting fans behind the players) make patio products. Not sure how well they work...
    16x36 Vinyl Pool - 22.5K gallons.
    Jandy Stealth 1hp pump - Jandy CS-150 filter
    Jandy Legacy 250k heater - Jandy Ei SWCG
    Jandy Watercolors LED light
    Paramount Vanquish in-floor cleaner

3. Back To Top    #3

I visited Seville in Spain last summer and all the cafes had little misting jets in the canopies outside. Very refreshing, some were even scented, but I've not see them for sale anywhere. They were linked together with what looked like micro-irrigation tubing and came on every minute for about 5-10 seconds.
    Self built 5500 gallon bare concrete (temporarily) pool with limestone coping, Pentair Swimmey 1/2 HP pump, Triton sand filter with DE, Simpool peristaltic muriatic acid pump with pH sensor and Monarch SWG. Home made solar heater with Pentair Compool control panel and 3 way valve. 1 skimmer, 1 main drain, 2 returns, 2" plumbing, Hayward auto fill valve.

4. Back To Top    #4
    Mount Airy, Maryland

I've purchased from ACF Greenhouses. You can construct your own design of misting:
    18 x 36 Inground Gunnite, White Plaster 21K gallon
    18" raised spa, 8' Diameter (620 gallon)
    Triton II Sand filter, Intellichlor IC40 SWG
    Pentair Pump, Max-E-Therm 400 BTU
    Lamotte ColorQ PRO 7-Plus test kit
    TFT-100 test kit

5. Back To Top    #5
    Las Vegas

Are you looking to have "personal" mister(s) or are you trying to envelop a patio cover? What is your weather like, if it is humid then misters are fairly useless. I have my patio enveloped with about 45' of misting with a pump for added pressure. It works great in Las Vegas because of the low humidity. I am using Bigfogg components that have been in place for about 3 years, which is better than expected in our climate (my opinion). Hope this helps
    10,000 gal gunite standard plaster
    7' spa raised 18", 8 x 8 "Sun Deck"
    4' Sheer Descent, A & A Infloor
    Jandy AquaLink RS6 PDA w/ SWG
    Pentair VS-3050, 1hp Sheer
    Pentair Clean&Clear Plus 420, Pentair MiniMax 400,000 BTU