Spa question - weak SINGLE jet

Feb 17, 2011
Hi, I have a built-in spill ever spa, and today I notice one jet is essentially dead. The spa pump is ok. All other jets are ok. I am unsure of how the air vent pipe works, but it seems to stall... I.e air comes out of all jets but the one in question, then the air stutters for under a second, then air flows again. I thought that if I cover one of the jets with my hand I would force more air through the others... But in actually, covering one jet causes ALL jets to stop... And the air vent stops making noise. Since I am unaware about how the air vent actually gets air into the jets, I am at a loss. Any ideas?

Not sure if this is related, but there is a valve between the input and output of the heater, set to about half open. The propane guy had me close it today. I am not sure of it's purpose. Thanks!

Figured it out... There was a piece of black plastic obstructing the jet. I managed to pul it through with a needlenose pliers. It must have been moving around, and when it fully obstructed the jet ALL of the jet air bubbles would momentarily stall.... Which I don't fully understand. :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.