Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Test Tracking Spreadsheet

1. Back To Top    #1

Test Tracking Spreadsheet

Over the winter ive been working on a spreadsheet for tracking my pool testing results. Ive decided to share it for anybody that is interested.

Top left of the main page you can click check boxs to decide what tests you are going to preform, if you pick FC but not CC, then CC will be recorded as 0. Simply click being testing to start, you will be given instructions for each test, and a box to enter you results, hit add result to begin next test.

The last recorded result for each item is displayed in the top right.

Bottom middle of the screen is a line graph that displays FC readings for the last 10 tests, this is usfull to help you dial in just how much you need to add, or where to set your salt cell.

All the instructions are for what i use, TF-100, salt and borate strips from tftestkits.net

All instuctions apart from salt and borate are the instructions included with the TF-100, salt and borate where copied from the bottles.

If there is enough interest ill be more then happy to keep posting updates as i continue to work on it.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Intex 18' AGP - Intex SWG - 19 inch Sand Dollar Sand Filter - 1HP Pentair Dynamo Pump - 4X20 Solar Panel - Goldline Solar Controller.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Test Tracking Spreadsheet

Thank you for sharing.

The .zip file downloaded ok but when I unzipped there was an .xlsm file - it did not automatically open in Excel. When I changed the extension to .xls and opened the file in Excel it did not convert correctly.
    Pool: (2003) IG Plaster 14,209 gallon (Water Surface 421 sq. ft.) ~ Spa: 18" raised kidney
    Triple spillway (Waterfall) ~ With 6' slide ~ Hayward's Goldline Controls Aqua Rite Digital Electronic Chlorine Generator (Salt System) ~ 40K Salt Cell ~
    ~ AquaLink RS -4 ~ Purex Whisper Flow 2 HP~ Aquatech 60 sq. ft. DE Filter Normal Pressure 22 # ~ MiniMax NT (Propane) Heater 400,000 BTU ~ Jandy Valve Actuator ~Letro Legend Cleaner ~ K-2006 & K-1766 Test Kits

3. Back To Top    #3

It was made with excel 2007, what version are you using? I can see if i can save it in a older format tomorrow.
    Intex 18' AGP - Intex SWG - 19 inch Sand Dollar Sand Filter - 1HP Pentair Dynamo Pump - 4X20 Solar Panel - Goldline Solar Controller.

4. Back To Top    #4

Oh I have Excel 2000 (dinosaur pc)

Sorry for the hassle!
    Pool: (2003) IG Plaster 14,209 gallon (Water Surface 421 sq. ft.) ~ Spa: 18" raised kidney
    Triple spillway (Waterfall) ~ With 6' slide ~ Hayward's Goldline Controls Aqua Rite Digital Electronic Chlorine Generator (Salt System) ~ 40K Salt Cell ~
    ~ AquaLink RS -4 ~ Purex Whisper Flow 2 HP~ Aquatech 60 sq. ft. DE Filter Normal Pressure 22 # ~ MiniMax NT (Propane) Heater 400,000 BTU ~ Jandy Valve Actuator ~Letro Legend Cleaner ~ K-2006 & K-1766 Test Kits

5. Back To Top    #5

Decided to break out the laptop tonight instead of the morning for ya :P.

Re-saved it as a 97-2003 excel file, everything seems to still work even though it gave me a bunch of warnings, if you see somthing not working right lemmie know and ill see what i can do.

6. Back To Top    #6

thanks
    IG Freeform Gunite 32x16, 15000 gal, 1.5 Jandy Stealth Pump, Jandy 460 Cart. Filter, LED Light, Stone Scapes Tropics Blue Finish, Aqua Pure 1400

7. Back To Top    #7

Dale I was able to access it this time (from work, last night was from home). I had to enable macros which I did. Now I will e-mail it to the house & see if my dino pc can handle those fancy macros. Looking forward to logging test results & seeing how this fancy formula contraption works.

Thank you for sharing!

I eddited this post to mention the following:
    Dale, you may think about uploading to scribd.com. I uploaded my 1 pool .xls file http://www.scribd.com/doc/38093832/P...uick-reference to scribd. When I search scribd for pool references there are quite a few on there. Just a thought.

8. Back To Top    #8

Thanks for sharing this. I can see this being very useful. One question - I'm relatively unfamiliar with Excel. Is there a way to show a 10 day graph for each of the items selected for testing on the main page? I'm only seeing the graph for free chlorine.

Thanks.
    26,200 gal. 35' x 16' Plaster IGP (50 yrs. old), Hayward 48 sq. ft. DE filter, Hayward EcoStar VS pump, Intellichlor IC-40 SWCG, The Pool Cleaner 4X suction, Pool Skim and Pool Devil skimmers. Re-plastered Sept. 2010.

9. Back To Top    #9

That would be possible, but could be messy showing it all on one graph. I will add a graph for each item on its result page though. That way when you pick the ph tab you will see all ph results, and a graph with the last 10.

10. Back To Top    #10

New version for you!

Main page now has charts for FC and pH.

Each tab (apart from CC) now has a graph, the axis on the graphs will self adjust based on the data so you get a graph in the middle, not just a line on top.

FC and Ph show last 10 tests - tested most
    CH, TA, CYA, Borates and Salt show last 5 tests - tested least
    Temp shows last 15 tests - Added with each test

Please Note: There is fake data for every tab with a graph, this is needed to populate the graphs and avoid errors, do not delete this data untill you have the required amount of data added (5, 10 or 15 tests depending on tab)

11. Back To Top    #11

Fantastic! Thanks!!
    26,200 gal. 35' x 16' Plaster IGP (50 yrs. old), Hayward 48 sq. ft. DE filter, Hayward EcoStar VS pump, Intellichlor IC-40 SWCG, The Pool Cleaner 4X suction, Pool Skim and Pool Devil skimmers. Re-plastered Sept. 2010.

12. Back To Top    #12

I REALLY like your spreadsheet, Dale!
    20K gal IG vinyl 18'x36' rectangle, 2' radius corners
    Hayward Goldline Aqua Rite 40K SWG, Pentair Intelliflow VS 3050,
    Sta-Rite Cristal-Flo 24" Sand filter, Model T-240BP-1, Polaris 280 Auto Cleaner
    Sunstar solar panels (438 sq ft ), Pentair Sun Touch Controller automating solar panels, SWG, and Polaris
    TF-100 test kit

13. Back To Top    #13

Dale, Thanks again for your spreadsheet, I'm using it daily. I have a question I hope you can answer. Each time I start it up I get a security warning saying that some active content has been disabled (macros and ActiveX). I have to tick a box each time to enable these functions before I can use the spreadsheet. How can I fix this permanently?

Thanks,

Gary

14. Back To Top    #14

I don't believe you can fix that for just one sheet. There is a option to turn down the security level so it won't show up, however that will effect every sheet you use. Personally I think it best to deal with it and know your protected all the time. I may well be wrong and you can do it for one sheet mind

15. Back To Top    #15

I really don't use Excel for anything else. It just came with Office, so I'm not worried at this point about macros or ActiveX. If I change the settings does it only affect Excel documents or all Office applications? If all, I'll just enable it each time.

Thanks,

Gary

16. Back To Top    #16

I have one here that is based on the formulas from the Pool Math but it also has a macro that will record all of the results into a single line on a log sheet. See Chemistry Calculator. Both Excel and Google Sheets.

http://www.troublefreepool.com/threa...ull=1#post6231
    Mark
    Hydraulics 101; Pump Ed 101; Pump/Pool Spreadsheets; Pump Run Time Study; DIY Acid Dosing; DIY Cover Roller
    18'x36' 20k plaster, MaxFlo SP2303VSP, Aqualogic PS8 SWCG, 420 sq-ft Cartridge, Solar, 6 jet spa, 1 HP jet pump, 400k BTU NG Heater