Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Checking in from Huntersville NC

1. Back To Top    #1

Checking in from Huntersville NC

Hey Folks, came across the site searching for help with SWG parts. This will be the third season with the IG FG pool. It has been a great addition. This will be the first season with the SWG so I may have some questions later. This year I hope to get the outdoor kitchen put in and upgrade the landscaping.

I did 75% of the pool install myself and used EBay for all the pool equipment and saved a ton.

Anyway, happy to be here, I've got a good bit of construction experiance if anyone needs answers let me know, time to dust of the margarita machine.
    Huntersville NC, IG, San Juan, Pheniox, FG, 18x40, 14,400gal, Light Blue, Loop-Loc mesh cover, Wayne 1 1/2hp, Hayward S180T Sand Filter, 7 roof mounted Sun Grabber 2x20 solar panels, HelioMatic 4000 solar controller, Aqua-Rite SWG,

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Checking in from Huntersville NC

Welcome to TFP PK

Post up some pics when you get a chance and since you are running a SWG, I would strongly suggest checking out Pool School (link in my sig) especially the water balance for SWG article. Also a good test kit is the main key to our water management sucess. A lot of us use the TF100 (tftestkits.net) or the taylor K-2006.
    24'x52" AGP (13,500 Gallons), Intex SWG, (2)Solar Bear 4x20 panels, Hayward S220T Filter, 1/2hp Pentair Superflo

Pool School, TFTestKits, Pool Calculator

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

time to dust of the margarita machine.
    Ahh! Another North Carolinian who understands the purpose of swimming pools!
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

4. Back To Top    #4

I think my avatar pretty much says how I feel about mine!
    And it's listed in my sig line for my "pool" equipment!
    Feb 22 is National Margarita Day btw. www.margaritaville.com
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

5. Back To Top    #5

Welcome!!!!

6. Back To Top    #6

In the Industry

Welcome to TFP.
    Josh Ulfers - josh@saltpoolguys.com - 888-725-8766
    SaltPoolGuys.com - AutoPilot Pool Pilot Systems, Parts & Cells - AquaCal Heat Pumps

7. Back To Top    #7

Welcome...we are in Mint Hill.
    18x36 IG Vinyl, 8.5 deep, 28K, Hayward C4025 SwimClear Filter, Hayward SP2607X10 Super Pump 1HP

8. Back To Top    #8

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone, lets see ...
    Pics ... need to re-read posting procedures and learn how to use the editor, they're way to big
    SWG ... read (3x)
    Taylor K-2005 ... bought Saturday (it's all they had) Use it to bring the 500g Balboa hot tub in the deck out of winter sleep, MUCH better that the strips or less expensive (I'm in sales ... we don't say cheap) HD/Lowes kits.
    Marg machine ... I was actually kidding, we don't own one and pre fer ours on the rocks, one salt, one no salt, quickly mixed in the finest plastic cups you can find.

This weeks projects ... move pool equipment away from the deck, install 3 electrical curcuits for power to the out door kitchen and three convenience outlets on the back side of the pool.

Thanks again ... looking forward to learning from the group.
    Huntersville NC, IG, San Juan, Pheniox, FG, 18x40, 14,400gal, Light Blue, Loop-Loc mesh cover, Wayne 1 1/2hp, Hayward S180T Sand Filter, 7 roof mounted Sun Grabber 2x20 solar panels, HelioMatic 4000 solar controller, Aqua-Rite SWG,