Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Check valves

1. Back To Top    #1

Blessing, Tx (South of Houston)

Check valves

Are all check valves created equal, or are there real differences in them? I've seen some by a company called flo I believe that cost $15-20 all the way to jandy at $50+, I realize some have clear covers, removable tops or union connections but do they work the same, with the same performance?
    Intex 18' AGP - Intex SWG - 19 inch Sand Dollar Sand Filter - 1HP Pentair Dynamo Pump - 4X20 Solar Panel - Goldline Solar Controller.

2. Back To Top    #2
    SouthWest Alabama

Re: Check valves

They are not all the same. Some have springs that contribute to total head and some restrict flow a good bit. Most are not rebuild-able and some are rebuild-able in place. The Jandy's are the best for pool use.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

South Central NJ

Re: Check valves

Jandy's are good as are Waterway Plastic's for water use. There are also checks for air use that have much softer springs, and so other brands for irrigation systems, septic tanks, etc...

Owner of - PoolGuyNJ LLC
    Expert Pool and Spa Repairs, Renovations, and Augmentation. Helping people decide what is the right gear for meeting their needs. Expectations Set, Expectations Met, No Surprises.