Best Price for T-Cell-15 AND GENERAL ADVICE PLEASE

Feb 14, 2011
Mine is shot. Best price I can find is a little over $500. Website, store, coupons, discount codes, best time to buy etc. I can wait a little while as it's still cold (water temp 58 degrees - Mesa, AZ). However, would like to make a purchase before June when I'd have to start dumping in loads of chlorine to keep up with the heat and with as much time as we spend in the pool I don't want the harshness of chlorine. THANKS!!

Sometimes I wonder if it's worth replacing the whole unit all together if there is a better product? But I really don't know how complicated that is. I currently have a goldline/aquarite set up with a Hayward DE4820 filter that's been giving meet fits by the way too. I can't keep the pressure right and the grids crack from excess pressure, destroy the pool and then I'm into another $300 to get replacement grids, balance chemicals and start over.

When everything is "dialed in" the pool works flawlessly. It's seems like it's all or nothing. The last two years have been nothing but headaches!!

Excess pressure sounds like a pump or plumbing issue. What size pump do you have and what is the normal pressure gauge reading?

I can provide some advice/guidance on this topic since I have recent experience.

Buy your salt cell from a local retailer. Trust me is will be cheaper/less hassle in the long run.

Last summer I bought a Hayward t-15 online. After about 6 months the cell went bad. I was reading the salt PPM incorrectly and when it reveresed polarity it would drop the PPM reading by 1000 PPM. The system kept saying I had low salt and would shut the chlorinator off. I had the water tested and confirmed the salt level was within the acceptable range. I had Leslie's test the cell with their testing rig which indicated it was a bad cell. I called me online reatiler for help. Unfortunately their only advice was to deal with the warranty directly through Hayward. It cost me $95 for a Hayward warranty person to come out and spend 15 minutes to unscrew the cell unplug the cell and reinstall. Yep $95 for that. If I had bought the cell at Leslie they would have replaced it for free no hassle and no charge for a service call.

I'd love to support online reatilers, but honestly buy a salt cell is not cost effective buying online. Unless Hayward changes their warranty practices.

>> for a Hayward warranty person to come out and spend 15 minutes to unscrew the cell

just an afterthought but I've removed parts on my own, sent back to factory and they ship back a new part, no cost to me other than the small charge for Fedex. run temporarily with a dummy cell.

no tools or know-how needed to open and disconnect the cell.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.