Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Starting the process

1. Back To Top    #1

Starting the process

I am in the beginning stages of building my own pool. I have an idea of what type of pool I want to build but I'm looking for someone to design it. I have a plot plan of my property that i got from the city ( Riverside, Ca ). I was thinking of going through but I dont like the idea of them being so far away. Anyone recommend anybody in the SoCal area. Thanks in advance!!!
    Hydraulically mundane 20x40 rectangular polymer (~30K gal.), IntelliFlo VS+SVRS pump, IntelliChlor IC40 SWCG, Pentair CCP520 cartridge filter, LED light, 2xDeck Jets, SR Smith Turbo Twister slide

2. Back To Top    #2

Northeast Ohio

Re: Starting the process

I highly recommend Chris from JDM Pool Design. He has great ideas ( and his pricing is very fair. I live in Ohio and he is in the Atlanta area, but he always responded in a timely manner. He provided great advice when I recieved conflicting information from different pool builders.

Feel free to e-mail me if you want his cell phone number, or he can be reached through his website.

Good luck!
    18 x 36 vinyl IG- 3.5 to 5 ft.- 20,000 gallaons, TF-100 Test Kit, Hayward TriStar Dual Speed 1.5 HP pump, Hayward C3025 SwimClear Cartridge Filter, Hayward SWG, Hayward Heat Pump 21104T, 2 inch PVC, 3 returns, 2 skimmers, 2 Low Suction (no main drain), Dedicated Suction for The Pool Cleaner 4x, Prologic 8 with Aquapod, 2 Colorlogic LED lights, (2) 16 inch sheer descents

3. Back To Top    #3

South Central NJ

Owner of - PoolGuyNJ LLC
    Expert Pool and Spa Repairs, Renovations, and Augmentation. Helping people decide what is the right gear for meeting their needs. Expectations Set, Expectations Met, No Surprises.

4. Back To Top    #4

That would be a third from me. Chris designed our pool about 12 months ago. The pool is a work in progress at this point and we are happy with the design. We are in Texas.
    22k gal, gunite, Pebblesheen, fountain/waterfall, no spa, Quad 100DE, Easytouch4, Pentair VS3050, Polaris 280, TFP-100 kit, Stenner pump