Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Curosity Question

1. Back To Top    #1

Curosity Question

So this morning we were greeted by a huge goose in the back yard!! Mind you, he wasn't in the pool, but we do have plenty geese and ducks in the area and spring is right around the corner..what happens to the pool chemistry balance should they decide to hang out and take a swim?
    15,000 gallons, Cartridge Filters, IG,

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Curosity Question

They'll use up a little chlorine but I don't think they'd use up much unless a bunch of them got in there. I'd still try to discourage them if it was me. Geese (and ducks) are nothing but eating & pooping machines and I wouldn't want that in the pool.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

If all they did was swim I'd be happy to let them. However, as Bama pointed out, they are very messy. Better run them off sooner than later...
    20K gal IG plaster pool, Manually chlorinated with 6% bleach, 1.5 HP Sta-Rite Dura-Glas II pump, Pentair FNS Plus 48 DE filter, Polaris 280

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks for the input! I definitely like them better when they are not hanging out in the pool. Thankfully for us, the dogs should keep that problem in check...I just was very curious what they could do to the chemistry ( poop was was I was thinking about).
    15,000 gallons, Cartridge Filters, IG,