Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Bubbles ( not me)

1. Back To Top    #1

Bubbles ( not me)

are coming out of my pool jets...so I am guessing that maybe I am losing pressure? We did have another really cold night last night ( 14). I have a tarp over all of the above ground equipment and everything there seems to be running fine, although that same cartridge that I had problems with before I think is frozen despite the tarp.
    My thoughts are maybe it's time to clean the filter? the PSI is still in a decent range. Thought I would clean it anyways when we get warmer in the next few days, but I would love to know why I am getting bubbles out of my jets.
    Thanks ever again!
    B

PS how often should I be cleaning the filter? I know this must be posted somewhere but I could not find the info right away
    15,000 gallons, Cartridge Filters, IG,

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Bubbles ( not me)

If you have a rubber O-ring gasket on top of the pump filter basket under the lid-you might try putting some grease on it available at any pool store. You might want to just remove that "frozen filter" and circulate without it until we warm up. THIS WEEKEND they say!
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Bubbles ( not me)

DOH, thanks woodyp! I think all of this super cold weather has frozen my brain. I didn't make the connection that my previous post about the leak in my pump filter basket was connected to the bubbles in the pool.
    YES!! Can't wait for the warm up this weekend!! Thanks!
    15,000 gallons, Cartridge Filters, IG,