Anyone use Aqua Decal's? Ok, not ok?

RawhideKid

LifeTime Supporter
Jan 16, 2010
Ok....kids LOVE the idea of a massive shark mosaic to be placed in our new pool we hope to complete this Spring/summer.

See "Shark in your face" at: http://www.uspooltile.com/productsMosaics.html

But wowser, these mosaic's, especially the big ones, are pricey!

An option is to do the aqua decals: http://www.aquadecal.com/

Not nearly as fancy and they don't have the scary shark model, but perhaps something to consider. Anyone have experience with aqua decals or something similar? Any problems with them? Do they stick ok to Pebblesheen?

Thanks!

RK

bk406 said:
Honest opinion? They look tacky. IMO, that would ruin a beautiful peeblesheen floor.
But thats just me :oops:

Hi Bk - is your opinion from direct experience/usage/viewing or from looking at the website? Just curious. I agree the mosaics are preferred and look better, but due to the cost, I'm wondering if others have direct viewing experience and long term use of these decals. I worry they'll peel up eventually and look tacky....

It's not as if I can try the decals and switch later to the mosaics if I don't like them!

thanks!

RK

No, I think tile mosaics on the bottom look tacky too. I like a nice, clean looking floor. If you go with pebblesheen, that would be like putting on a cheap $10 overcoat with a $5000 armani suit. Sorry. My feeling on the stick on is double tacky.

Ok, that was pretty harsh, but it's my opinion. You asked for opinions, so I guess i gave an honest one. I dont mean to offend anybody, really, but i'm pretty honest when it comes to this stuff. To me, bad landscaping, tacky pools, DYI jobs that should be left to pro's, etc are like letting your brother in law who is "handy" act as the trim carpenter for your new house. :|

Another issue would be the Pebble warranty. It says you apply a silicone grout to the decal then apply it right to the concrete surface. I would think that would raise eyeborows if you ever had a warranty claim. Plus if you ever wanted to get rid of the decal whos knows what it would look like under it once it was removed, or what it would take to clean all that stuff off your pebble. As far as looks I'm with BK, a nice smooth pool floor looks good.

dmanb2b said:
No personal experience or opinion for that matter as it's specific to your question, but for Vinyl lined pools, those are some neat looking patches :goodjob:

Now THAT's funny!

We ended up with the standard tile mosaics, but DANG, they are expensive!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.