Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Viking Triton or Carmel Owner's - Help

1. Back To Top    #1

Central California

Viking Triton or Carmel Owner's - Help

First time pool owner considering a Viking Triton or Carmel. My wife and I prefer the styling of the Triton....but worry it might be a little small. And the steps on the Carmel seem like they take up a lot of real estate.

We'd love to hear from owner's of either pool on thier experiences

30'x14' (12.5K Gallon) Viking Carmel - Saphire Blue Crystite Finish
    Jandy Stealth Pump - 2 Speed 1.0 HP
    Jandy Cartridge Filter - 340 sq. ft.
    Fiberstars 6004 Metal Halide Light with 4-Position Color Wheel
    Polaris 280
    Maintained with BBB

2. Back To Top    #2

Coastalish 'down easter'

Re: Viking Triton or Carmel Owner's - Help

Welcome to TFP!!

If you can tell us the model #s for them, someone here is sure to be familiar with the filters(?) you're talking about.
    Luv& Luk

Having done construction and service for 4 pool companies in 4 states starting in 1988, what I know about pools could fill a couple of books - what I don't know could fill a couple of libraries :-D

POOL SCHOOL, TF Testkits, Jason's Pool Calculator, CYA vs. cl chart, (Just a few DARNED handy links!)

3. Back To Top    #3

Fiberglass pools

Don't own one, but like the styling of the Triton model.

We have built in steps and a bench in vinyl and the family uses these shallow areas more than we first imagined.

20x40 free-form IG vinyl, 1hp Hayward superpump, Hayward pro grid DE filter, Raypak heatpump, Goldline Aquarite SWCG, Polaris 280 with booster, and tested using a Taylor K2006.

4. Back To Top    #4

Waxahachie, Tx.

Thats why we have picked the Bermuda free form Viking...less step realestate and 3 seats around the edge
    12 x 26 Viking FG IG, Bermuda Model, 3 1/2' to 5', 7000 Gallons, Diamond Series Maya, Hayward 1 1/2 HP Maxflo VS, Hayward Stay Clear Plus Cart Filter C17502(S), Hayward Aqua Rite SWG w/T3 cell, Color Changing FIBERSTAR Lighting, Aqua Bot Supreme Robotic cleaner, Brushed Concrete with CCI Liberty Tan color, Taylor K-2006 test kit, Armor Foundation penetrating concrete sealer(lifetime warranty).