DE Filter Questions

Puffin

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 23, 2010
Metro Atlanta, Georgia
DE Filter Maintenance apparently, nearly every post contains the words DE, Filter or maintenance, I'm getting a lot of unrelated posts in the search.

My family and I are in the process of buying a house, we've been looking at houses with pools and am bidding on one. Most houses we looked at had a sand filter (lots of info on those), but the house my family and I liked has a DE filter. I didn't see much on "how to use/maintain a DE filter" in the Pool School and am trouble finding it here. If someone could either point me to some links here at TFP or give me some info on what to look for, how to maintain/use one correctly, I'd appreciate it.

I've never owned an in ground pool before (We had a small intex pool for a month or two last summer), I'm glad I found this site and have been trying to learn as much as I can.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.