Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: DE Filter Questions

1. Back To Top    #1

DE Filter Questions

DE Filter Maintenance apparently, nearly every post contains the words DE, Filter or maintenance, I'm getting a lot of unrelated posts in the search.

My family and I are in the process of buying a house, we've been looking at houses with pools and am bidding on one. Most houses we looked at had a sand filter (lots of info on those), but the house my family and I liked has a DE filter. I didn't see much on "how to use/maintain a DE filter" in the Pool School and am trouble finding it here. If someone could either point me to some links here at TFP or give me some info on what to look for, how to maintain/use one correctly, I'd appreciate it.

I've never owned an in ground pool before (We had a small intex pool for a month or two last summer), I'm glad I found this site and have been trying to learn as much as I can.
    19,600 gal, Vinyl, Grecian L, StaRite Dura-Glas 1 HP pump, 3/4hp booster, Pentair Clean and Clear 420 Cartridge filter
    The Pool Cleaner 4x, PoolSkim

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: DE Filter Questions

Doh! I think I found a guide on DE Filters here http://www.troublefreepool.com/use-a...ers-t4086.html

Sorry for the bother. If anyone has any tips or advice feel free to post, I feel like I'm gonna need all the help I can get.

Thanks
    19,600 gal, Vinyl, Grecian L, StaRite Dura-Glas 1 HP pump, 3/4hp booster, Pentair Clean and Clear 420 Cartridge filter
    The Pool Cleaner 4x, PoolSkim

3. Back To Top    #3

Post up a pic of the filter on the house you like and we'll give you the skinny

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by Puffin
    Doh! I think I found a guide on DE Filters here http://www.troublefreepool.com/use-a...ers-t4086.html

Sorry for the bother. If anyone has any tips or advice feel free to post, I feel like I'm gonna need all the help I can get.

Thanks
    Glad I could help!

Do what I did for peace of mind: tear the filter apart and clean it, just so you know the grids are clean. I posted a few pics when I did mine. Backflushing will not remove all the DE.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!