Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Correct voltage for old Chloromatic P100 SWG cell?

1. Back To Top    #1

Correct voltage for old Chloromatic P100 SWG cell?

Could anyone tell me what the correct voltage should be out of the control box for this salt cell? The control box is very old (its an old Chloromatic one also) so I checked the output voltage and its only about 0.8volts when turned right up (I was measuring DC volts).

I had assumed that the salt cell was the problem (also a bit old), but 0.8V doesn't seem enough, which could explain why it isn't producing chlorine. The gauge shows very little current flowing.

Thanks & regards

Andrew

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Correct voltage for old Chloromatic P100 SWG cell?

Is there salt in the water? How much? What is the water temp? Is the water flowing?

Most cells use 18 to 25 VDC to the cell. A .8 VDC off the voltage regulator would indicate it isn't being turned on
    Owner of - PoolGuyNJ LLC
    Expert Pool and Spa Repairs, Renovations, and Augmentation. Helping people decide what is the right gear for meeting their needs. Expectations Set, Expectations Met, No Surprises.

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks for the response. There is plenty of salt in the water (recently added it, but couldn't tell you the concentration). Water temp is about 25degC and it is definitely flowing.

I will look into it more, it does sound like its not being switched on.

Andrew

4. Back To Top    #4

Check the flow switch.

Scott
    Owner of - PoolGuyNJ LLC
    Expert Pool and Spa Repairs, Renovations, and Augmentation. Helping people decide what is the right gear for meeting their needs. Expectations Set, Expectations Met, No Surprises.