Goldline Aqualogic Controller

twittke

LifeTime Supporter
Sep 4, 2007
New Jersey
Can anyone tell me which Aqualogic controller I would need for a pool only, not pool and spa. I know the P4 or P8 will work but in the future if I add an additional pump for a waterfall, , can those controllers work two pumps?

Also, can anyone give advice on which model (p4 or p8) I would need to operate 1-2 pumps, pool light, SWG, heat pump, and possibly landscape lighting?

Just count the number of items you want to switch. The P4 and 4 relays while the P8 has eight. You need a relay for each pump, light and maybe the heat pump although that may just be on all of the time and turned on and off with the thermostat control. Adding the landscape light, you are better off with the P8 so you have a bit of room to grow. You will probably find other uses for the extra relays anyway. I have pad light as well which is nice to work there when it is dark.

Also on the Aqualogic systems you can use up a relay as a group function. On my system (PS8) I use one relay to control all lights (3 in pool one in spa). My set up is a bit odd one light in pool on one relay, two other lights in pool on another relay and the spa on yet another relay. However, since these are Savi LED lights, I can control all together with the group fucntion to keep everything in sync. I've used up all my relays with the spa, blower, bench jets, deck jets, the lights, polaris, and heat pump. I may be wrong but I think the pump and heater are not part of the additional 4 or 8 relays you can use.

The PS8 has eight relays one of those is dedicated to the pump filter and one to the pool lights. The other 6 can be used for anything else including the low speed of a two speed pump (2 speeds require 2 relays).

There are 8 breaker slots although you can use double breakers to get up to 16.

There are also 4 valve controls 2 dedicated for the pool and spa and 2 that can be used for anything else.

You can download the installation manual directly from Hayward at:

http://www.haywardnet.com/inground/prod ... sIn_Ground

Also, to save relays, you can group items together on the relay itself so all of the lights could be placed on a single relay but then you would not have individual control.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.