New Here.....from NC

TK

Feb 5, 2011
Well I have been in the planning stages of building an inground pool for about 6 months and plan on breaking ground at the end of February. Came across this website looking for pool cleaner reviews so I had to sign up. I am building a 21x40 free form pool, so I am a bit nervous about a lot of things but hopefully all goes well. I am going to post pictures from start to end and hopefully learn a little bit along the way.

TK

Capitol Pools out of Garner is doing the pool and this is equipment that they are including as far as the pool:
Pentair Whisper Flow High Performance Pump, all plumbing is 2"
Pentair FNS Plus DE Filter
Pentair Easy Touch Control System
Diving Board
Intellibrite led lights
Loop Loc Liner- Sahara
Prowler 720- HOWEVER I AM CONSIDERING GOING WITH THE AQUABOT ECO JET PLUS (Read bad reviews about the prowler)

I have heard good things and bad things about the DE Filter, but I was assured it was the best way to go. Any thoughts on the equipment that is suggested above.

Thanks,

TK

Hey, TK,

Welcome to the forum :lol: There's quite a few North Carolinians here. The Texans still outnumber us but we're gainin' on 'em. :lol:

I'll comment on the DE filter. Anyone who tells you that one type is far superior to another is, well,......all wet.

Whether you choose sand, DE or a cartridge each has it's own set of advantages and disadvantages with no one type being a clear winner. You can search here on the forum on that subject and read for a few days!!!!! It's been discussed a lot.

The important thing is to learn the characteristics of each and then decide for your self which you prefer. For what it's worth, sand filters seem to be perhaps the most common here in our area but there's plenty of each kind.

Welcome TK!

This is the best site ever---what a resource! You will not be lacking for things to learn, especially through the experiences and photos of others who are building, along with the professionals here advising us all.

Good luck~~

Lana

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.