Hard Plumbing an Intex AGP

crookm11

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Jun 28, 2010
Copperas Cove, Texas
This is for the plumbing gooroos on this forum. :goodjob:

As you can see in my signature I have an Intex AGP. I plan on hard plumbing my pool, I just don't like the hose thing. With the help of this forum and youtube, I have figured out how to connect standard PVC pipe to the NON standard fittings that Intex uses. The adapter I make to go from the Intex pool to PVC pipe creates a 1.25 pipe connection. After I create the adapter I can enlarge the PVC pipe to any diamiter I need and this is where I have my question.

Would it be better to plumb my whole system at the same size (1.25 that the adapter makes) or step up the size to say 1.5 after the adapter then back down to the next 1.25 adapter that connects to the pump/filter and SWG? I'm just not sure if I step up the size and then back down it would be good for the pump. I'm thinking 1 size through out would be less strain on the system.

Example:
1.25 PVC pipe through out the system, from pool to equipment and back to pool?

1.25 at pool then step up to 1.5 then back to 1.25 at pump then 1.25 out of pump, step up to 1.5 them back down to 1.25 at filter and the process continues through to the SWG then back to pool?

I'm still in the planning phase and I only want to do this once. :cheers:

Thanks, Mark

Bama Rambler said:
Stepping up in size will be better but in your system not by much. If you have long runs or lots of fittings bigger is definitely better even if you have to size back down at the pool and pump.
Thanks for the reply Bama Rambler,

Eventhough the pump/filter and SWG will be next to the pool and the system won't have long runs of pipe, I think I'm going to step up the pipe when I can. It may not help by much in my system but "not much" is better than no help at all.

Thanks again :goodjob:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.