Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Freeze Mode Questions

1. Back To Top    #1

Freeze Mode Questions

So the remote says my freeze control is on. The spa fountain turns on and runs in increments of time (not sure how long) and then shuts off. Is this what it is supposed to do? Also, the filter pump guage itself says it is as 0. Does that mean the gauge is just frozen or is this something I need to worry about?

Not used to this frigid weather in Texas!!!
    22,000 gal IG Pool & Spa, Fountain and Spa Spillway, Penatair IC-40 SWCG, Pentair Intelliflo Variable Speed Pump, Cartridge, Antigua Blue Wet-Edge

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Freeze Mode Questions

The gauge might very well have bit the dust. They are relatively inexpensive.

There is usually little need for the decks to run a 100% on cycle so it's timed.

The pool will cycle between pool and spa mode if you have a spa.

Scott
    Owner of - PoolGuyNJ LLC
    Expert Pool and Spa Repairs, Renovations, and Augmentation. Helping people decide what is the right gear for meeting their needs. Expectations Set, Expectations Met, No Surprises.

3. Back To Top    #3

I have a Pentair Intelliflo VS-3050. My gauge does not register either when the freeze protection mode is on. I think because the pressure is not strong enough. I went on Pentair's website and emailed them with my question about this. They sent me an email back within a few hours with a phone number to call and an extension number. They answered all of my questions and were very friendly. Basically, everything you've mentioned, mine has done, and so far all has been well! Good Luck! Contact them. They'll put your mind at ease!
    15,000 gallon, Diamond Brite, Pentair Intelliflo VS 3050, 3/4 hp Hayward booster pump for Polaris cleaner, Tagleus filter 60D, no automation yet

4. Back To Top    #4

You don't need much water movement to prevent freezing.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

5. Back To Top    #5

In the Industry

If you are still concerned, or the current flow isn't enough you can create a faster speed named freeze. The pump will run at this speed when freeze activates.