Pavers as deck

XsAllOverIt

LifeTime Supporter
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Airy, Maryland
Have I been steered wrong again. When I suggested using pavers around the deck of my pool, the PB indicated to me that you could not run pavers using polymeric sand as the final filler. Any thoughts? What kind of problem would you run into if you did use pavers and fill with polymeric sand?

I really like your website and some of your work also.

Suspicious? I have other choice words, but my dad has always told me to keep those words to myself. Most of the time I listen to my dad even at the ripe age of 52. I feel somewhat like a Holmes on Homes episode, but it really isn't that bad. As an example, they had taken at least 4 water samples from our pool prior to winterization and never gave us any feedback. Since I had my own water tester, I just kept doing it myself. I take a lot of this to heart since it is what I see each and every day. I really don't know how to describe this experience. It hasn't been what I would term pleasant. I've never built a house or anything of this magnitude, so this was my first experience and I've got a REALLY GOOD friend who is a contractor who initially wanted to build the pool with me. If we could only have a second chance, it would have gotten done much faster and any mistakes would have been my own, which I'm more than willing to engage.

I've taken MANY-MANY-MANY pictures and documented the entire construction with day-to-day progress. I've got a website with all of that, but just don't want to advertise it quite yet. I certainly want people to go through it later to learn from my experiences. I want to get the pool open and final inspection completed before I get that out, so sometime in the Spring.

LOL...My father taught me the same and "Suspicious" was the best I could come up with. The beauty of pavers, especially in your area, is the fact that they will move with the freeze and thaws of your seasons. Be prepared to level them every now and then but at least you won't have to look at unsightly cracks.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.