My SWCG (AutoPilot Digital) started acting up. it displays the check system light is flashing and the display gives "Purifier off; Check Flow" errors.
I noticed the problem this morning when the normal run was stopped short. I read several old threads. Before I take the tri-sensor out or call the builder (pool finished just before Labor Day), does anyone have suggestions? See below for what I've done.
Side question - why the system will not allow the pump to run at all.
Info & steps taken:
- The salt level is low (added 40lb until I can get to the store) / 58 degs. (Not that we're swimming!)
- Water level is fine (maybe an inch or so high after rain).
- Skimmer basket is clean; no obvious blockage in the pipe below.
- Suction divided between main drain & skimmer.
- Pump strainer basket is clean.
- Cleaned cartridge filter - little bit of grunge but no chunks.
Was able to start system at this point and bled air from check value on top of filter; pump strainer window was full of water. Filter pressure stabilized at 8 PSI. Strong flow from the return jets.
- System ran for about 3 minutes then stopped.
- So I checked the AutoPilot manifold screen (clean as a whistle); cell plates look fine.
- No obvious debris in the spring valve bypass; the value moved when the pump briefly ran.
- Connections to/from wall unit appear to be firm.
- Noticed when I select Test System that the voltage is 0 and with 5 amps.
Many thanks - TAZ