Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Well as you can probably tell from my last thread,

1. Back To Top    #1

Well as you can probably tell from my last thread,

it's new filter time. (I pulled it apart and a lateral had come loose; it's not worth $200 in stuff when an all new filter is $400.)

I'm going to move the filter & pump about 10 feet towards the back of the yard.

I'll try and add pics later today. The main things I'm going to have to do are:
    extend the plumbing, *keeping the aerator and not really changing anything.
    This will include normal suction and return lines, and our backwash line which goes to the front yard.
    I may finally finish the inclusion of a jandy type valve so I can have a baracuda hookup on the side of the pool.
    use the on-top selector valve instead of the multi-port divorced valve.

Should I dig down, set some sand, some bricks and make a concrete pad about level with the old one? (the old one is busted!)

A friend who services elevators is going to help with electrical this weekend.

Stay tuned for updates; I'll have questions I'm sure. Oh, the new filter is a Hayward. Pump is a 1.5hp.
    20,000 US Gallon Oval with diving well but no board :( Hayward s244t2 & Multiport SP71621
    1hp AO Smith WhisperFlo pump / basket Part 7-177450-03 / 3 returns, well drain connected to jacuzzi overflow
    baracuda version 3 run to the overflow; side hookup add in process.

2. Back To Top    #2

San Diego, CA

Re: Well as you can probably tell from my last thread,

You can get pre made heavy duty plastic slabs - HD may have them or an irrigation supply store should too.
    15,600 Gallon, 16' x 32' In-Ground Vinyl Pool
    Pentair VS 3050 pump, Quad DE 60 filter and SunTouch controller
    8 gallon Liquidator, Aquatherm EcoSun Solar Panels, 2 wheel ThePoolCleaner

3. Back To Top    #3
    SW Indiana

Re: Well as you can probably tell from my last thread,

Is this an IG pool with a main drain?
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat