Pool Floats - Lots of Cheap or a Few Expensive

Aug 28, 2009
I've been buying the wally world level floats, usually the ones that are under $10, but they don't last long, and seem like even water makes them leak.

I've been looking at the closed cell foam ones instead, but man, they're like $80 each.

Do they sell any floats that aren't so expensive, but don't break after the first week?

I buy the $30 ones from the pool store in October--almost the only reason I go there. The floats are all Chinese and look the same but the brand name changes. They always have a 2 for 1 sale in the fall so they cost me 15 bucks. I usually get two seasons out of each, barring animal attacks. They seem to last longer if stored inflated.

I tried closed cell, and they don't sink, but they do get ugly and start to disintegrate. I still have one I now use for working under cars, but I wouldn't put in the pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.