Remodel - Pebble Sheen

FolsomEJ

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 15, 2010
I just completed a remodel, removing old plaster and installing new pebble sheen surface. (It looks great!)

The pool was filled overnight last night, and here are my test results (pure water - nothing yet added). The pool company is coming out on Monday to do the "startup chemicals" and such. I have several questions.

I do not want to wait until Monday for anything basic I can cover right now, but I do want to wait for anything non-critical that they can supply. I used BBB last year (my first year) and it went fine - I'm a believer and will NOT be using a service past the 30 builder requirement.

FC - 0.0
CC or TC - 0.0
pH - 8.2 + (nice and bright color)
TA - 30
CH - 40
CYA - not tested (saving the reagents)
Water Temp: 50 degrees F

Questions:
1) I plan to add acid to bring pH from 8.2 to 7.5 and add a jug of bleach to bump up CL to measurable. Any objections/concerns? (Should I bother right now, considering the temperature and that they'll be out on Monday?)

2) They want to add ProTeam Sequesterant. Any concerns?

3) No salt for 30 days, I know. Should I push to get CYA to ~60, anticipating that salt and SWG is my warm weather CL source? I want to go low, in case they plan to use pucks for 30 days.

4) For the Pool Calculator, do I use "Plaster" as my finish type? I was under the impression that Pebble is less sensitive to CH, although scaling is still an item to watch. (Any adjustments I should make from Plaster/SWG values I targeted last year?)

5) Specifically, what should my CH target be? (Assuming a pH target of 7.5 - 7.8 and TA of 70 normally).

6) I assume they will also add for TA, add a CL source and consider CH. Anything else I should expect them to want to do? (I do NOT want any algicide or other funky, non-BBB chemicals.)

Thanks in advance for the help!

Ed

Hi there Ed~~

Many of the answers to your questions will be found 1) in Pool School under How To....Start-up New Plaster. The second paragraph there is of utmost importance and 2) at the PebbleTec website under Service and Support on the home page.

Congratulations on your remodel!

Lana

The only thing you should do immediately is get the pH down a little and get a little FC in there. Leave it to the service to adjust the rest.

As for the sequestrant, some PB's require it for the warranty whether it needed or not, so that's a question you'll have to ask them. They may take an assay of the water if it proves metals are not an issue.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.