I just completed a remodel, removing old plaster and installing new pebble sheen surface. (It looks great!)
The pool was filled overnight last night, and here are my test results (pure water - nothing yet added). The pool company is coming out on Monday to do the "startup chemicals" and such. I have several questions.
I do not want to wait until Monday for anything basic I can cover right now, but I do want to wait for anything non-critical that they can supply. I used BBB last year (my first year) and it went fine - I'm a believer and will NOT be using a service past the 30 builder requirement.
FC - 0.0
CC or TC - 0.0
pH - 8.2 + (nice and bright color)
TA - 30
CH - 40
CYA - not tested (saving the reagents)
Water Temp: 50 degrees F
1) I plan to add acid to bring pH from 8.2 to 7.5 and add a jug of bleach to bump up CL to measurable. Any objections/concerns? (Should I bother right now, considering the temperature and that they'll be out on Monday?)
2) They want to add ProTeam Sequesterant. Any concerns?
3) No salt for 30 days, I know. Should I push to get CYA to ~60, anticipating that salt and SWG is my warm weather CL source? I want to go low, in case they plan to use pucks for 30 days.
4) For the Pool Calculator, do I use "Plaster" as my finish type? I was under the impression that Pebble is less sensitive to CH, although scaling is still an item to watch. (Any adjustments I should make from Plaster/SWG values I targeted last year?)
5) Specifically, what should my CH target be? (Assuming a pH target of 7.5 - 7.8 and TA of 70 normally).
6) I assume they will also add for TA, add a CL source and consider CH. Anything else I should expect them to want to do? (I do NOT want any algicide or other funky, non-BBB chemicals.)
Thanks in advance for the help!