AlanH - DIY build in Nicaragua

AlanH

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 10, 2010
Nicaragua
Hi all. Came across TFP a while back when I started to think about a pool. The site has been a great help in getting started. Thanks to all contributors.

My wife and I retired to Nicaragua's south Pacific coast about 10 years ago. As great as the beach is a fresh water pool only a few steps away has a great appeal. Although there are pool builders in Nicaragua I have yet to come across one that has the experience that I'm looking for - to build and landscape a 12 x 33 foot, "T"-shaped, "mirror" pool (infinity edge around entire pool). So, I'm contracting the project myself (or at least educating myself so I can direct a contractor) and hopefully can draw on the advice and experience of forum members. A Sketchup image of the project is attached.

Looking forward to being a member of forum.

Adios

Attachments

• Latin Latitudes Pool 2.jpg
    Latin Latitudes Pool 2.jpg
    221.5 KB · Views: 115
You will need a bigger basin or surge tank for that concept. I am sure that you can gain the knowlege you will need from here. Asking questions first will save you jack hammer time later. Good luck with it.

Thanks for the welcome and observation. For sure I have lots of questions. I'm getting a post together for the "Under Construction" forum (will be titled "DIY Build Latin Latitudes") so as not to get into the nitty gritty of things in this forum. The plan displayed here is more of a conceptual drawing than the final deal. But, if it draws out comments and suggestions, great.

AlanH said:
Thanks for the welcome and observation. For sure I have lots of questions. I'm getting a post together for the "Under Construction" forum (will be titled "DIY Build Latin Latitudes") so as not to get into the nitty gritty of things in this forum. The plan displayed here is more of a conceptual drawing than the final deal. But, if it draws out comments and suggestions, great.

Hi Alan, good luck with it.