Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: AlanH - DIY build in Nicaragua

1. Back To Top    #1

AlanH - DIY build in Nicaragua

Hi all. Came across TFP a while back when I started to think about a pool. The site has been a great help in getting started. Thanks to all contributors.

My wife and I retired to Nicaragua's south Pacific coast about 10 years ago. As great as the beach is a fresh water pool only a few steps away has a great appeal. Although there are pool builders in Nicaragua I have yet to come across one that has the experience that I'm looking for - to build and landscape a 12 x 33 foot, "T"-shaped, "mirror" pool (infinity edge around entire pool). So, I'm contracting the project myself (or at least educating myself so I can direct a contractor) and hopefully can draw on the advice and experience of forum members. A Sketchup image of the project is attached.

Looking forward to being a member of forum.

Adios
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference." (R. Frost); 12.5K gal; 18'x72" round joined to 10x16x18" oval; vinyl liners; ferrocement-like wall panels; perimeter wet edge; fountain and cascade; Pentair Dynamo 1hp 2 spd; Pentair CC75 filter; Pentair no-lube valves. My build here.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: AlanH - DIY build in Nicaragua

Welcome to TFP, Alan!

Looks like a beautiful concept.
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

You will need a bigger basin or surge tank for that concept. I am sure that you can gain the knowlege you will need from here. Asking questions first will save you jack hammer time later. Good luck with it.

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks for the welcome and observation. For sure I have lots of questions. I'm getting a post together for the "Under Construction" forum (will be titled "DIY Build Latin Latitudes") so as not to get into the nitty gritty of things in this forum. The plan displayed here is more of a conceptual drawing than the final deal. But, if it draws out comments and suggestions, great.
    "I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference." (R. Frost); 12.5K gal; 18'x72" round joined to 10x16x18" oval; vinyl liners; ferrocement-like wall panels; perimeter wet edge; fountain and cascade; Pentair Dynamo 1hp 2 spd; Pentair CC75 filter; Pentair no-lube valves. My build here.

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by AlanH
    Thanks for the welcome and observation. For sure I have lots of questions. I'm getting a post together for the "Under Construction" forum (will be titled "DIY Build Latin Latitudes") so as not to get into the nitty gritty of things in this forum. The plan displayed here is more of a conceptual drawing than the final deal. But, if it draws out comments and suggestions, great.
    Hi Alan, good luck with it.
    11k gallon IG Ferrocement , Onga (Pentair) SF750 1hp pump, Onga Pantera MK11 PCF200sqft Cartridge Filter, Watermaid WM40-QT300 SWG, Spa Electrics GK7 LED

6. Back To Top    #6

Welcome to the forum Alan, this is sure to be an interesting project!
    Helpful links: Pool School; CYA/Chlorine Chart
    24' round AG pool, 52" high, Raypak heater; Waterway 2 spd Pump;
    150 Sq ft. Clearwater Cartridge Filter; Former and DISSATISFIED "Pool Frog" owner
    http://www.PerfectlyClearPoolService.com