Aquatrol - Self cleaning question

I currently have my pump and intex swg running via a intermatic timer. I love the timer and intend to keep it running my equipment. I am aware that the aquatrol has a built in timer, but you are able to set all the time switches to on, and run it via a external timer. However i am concerned about the cleaning cycle.

Does this unit reverse the polarity on a time basis, or number of runs? If its on time there is no problem, if its that it swaps every X number of cycles id have problems as the power would be cut after every cycle.

Id upgrade to the aquarite if needed, but the extra output and price is not really needed for my current, or upgrade plans - currently have apx 8K galons, will be upgrading to apx 15K gallons next year.

We've got a aquatrol on our agp. I don't understand what the benifit would be to use a timer upstream of the unit. The timer on the unit works fine and the unit is still powered up while the timer is in off mode. You don't have to set all the timer switches to on, there is a timer bypass switch on the timer to "run" full time.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.