Backyard build in Central Texas, POOL IS UP!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi! First off hats off to you and your fountain! :goodjob: I had to build me one once I saw yours and let me tell you the water temp is like night and day! No more 90 degree water! :party:

So, Mr. Creative, :wink: I have a question for you. I would like to buy the intex 2100 sand filter and some how hook it up to my 2500 SWCG/pump combo. How would I go about doing this? Would I have to bypass the pump on the SWCG or could I just run it anyways? Also which one would hook up to the inlet? I'm not sure if you have all the answers but something tells me you'll be able to help me out.

The cartridge filter is not catching all the dirt from the bottom of my pool, even after vacuuming. I live right by an expressway, literally I could throw a rock at it, also I live by a main road, and my neighbors have a lot of trees. Something has got to give. I bought the aqua critter and she is wonderful. My new best friend but I feel that I am overworking her because the stupid filter won't trap dirt particles, no matter how often I use clarifier I have to run her everyday or every other. :cry:

~Professional Pool Floater~
18'x48" Intex Metal Frame-Blue
2500 Intex Krystal Clear SWCG+Pump
Fountain w/ 2nd return

Attachments

• Filter now.jpg
    Filter now.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 731
  • filter i want.jpg
    filter i want.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 731
Here's my setup:
IMAG0249.jpg

Water goes from pool to sand filter, then to salt chlorinator machine, then back to pool.

That is exactly what I was going to say.

The best thing to do is disconnect the power from the pump side of the SWCG combo and run the hose from the Sand filter directly to the inlet of the SWCG. Connect the hose by taking off the "elbo" between the filter and the SWCG will allow you to bypass the filter altogether elliminating any more possible water flow restriction in the system.

Unless you want to use the pump in the combo.

:cheers:
Mark

crookm11 said:
That is exactly what I was going to say.

The best thing to do is disconnect the power from the pump side of the SWCG combo and run the hose from the Sand filter directly to the inlet of the SWCG. Connect the hose by taking off the "elbo" between the filter and the SWCG will allow you to bypass the filter altogether elliminating any more possible water flow restriction in the system.

Unless you want to use the pump in the combo.

:cheers:
Mark
I see now :) I'm assuming the plates are located on the very front, the small rectangle shaped thing?

Sounds like a plan to me. :whoot: Will the 2100ghp sand filter have more power than my 2500gph pump?

I dug a trench all the way around the pool today and added some of that black garden border stuff. I have always used round up around the pool so I have NO grass there and it has just been turning into mud. So I decided to do a little landscaping, I also zip-tied the same border to the pool legs to cover up the bottom of the pool. It is a little more appeasing to the eye. I now want to put down red pine nuggets between the borders.Then add some plants. I'm kind of worried about putting it down as a piece or two may get under the side of the pool but I really doubt it would puncture the liner, it's pretty tough.

I'll stop rambling now :blah: Thanks for the help!!!

Hi Mark, I hope you're still monitoring your posts. I live in the Flower Mound area and am looking for some help setting up my 18' by 52" Intex pool. I have set one up before but I need help. Would you be available or know someone to help me with a standard set up? I'd appreciate any help!

Anne

Love the pool and all the modifications you've done. We are trying to make it through the rest of this summer with what we've got ( 12' easy set, 4th year with it) and next summer upgrade to a 20' x 48" ultra frame. I want to do all the mods like you've done. I am curious though, what model is your sand filter and SWG? I have come across different sizes and I'm not sure which ones i need to get. I'm getting everything I need now so I can be ready when warm weather hits again. Thanks for your help and inspiration.

i am using model #56671EG sand filter and model #56601E SWG. i believe its the same as crookm11 is using. here is a pic of mine.....[attachment=2:1q5z4kns]52350.jpg[/attachment:1q5z4kns][attachment=1:1q5z4kns]61334.jpg[/attachment:1q5z4kns][attachment=0:1q5z4kns]40614.jpg[/attachment:1q5z4kns]

Attachments

• 52350.jpg
    52350.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 566
  • 61334.jpg
    61334.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 562
  • 40614.jpg
    40614.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 562

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Hi everyone, sorry to resurrect an old thread (but it's so filled with good info there is no reason not to!) but I have a question for you hard plumbing fountain building intex hackers.

What is your opinion on keeping the original siphon port vs having two returns (one for a fountain of course ;) ?? I've seen some builds like Mark's where the original siphon feeds into the sand filter beside the custom skimmer and I've seen a build where only the skimmer feeds the sand filter and one return feeds back to the pool before the SWG and one feeds back afterwards.

My thought is to copy what Mark has done & have the skimmer & original siphon going into the SWG and having an upper/lower return and fountain all built into the one original return.

Opinions? Real life experience on which works better and why??

Thanks!

unfortunately my Home Depot does not stock the 1-1/2" electrical connector that has been suggested by some (they only have a 2" or 3/4" and smaller only). They do have the white PVC 2" to 1" and 1.25" to 1" pieces that apparently can be dremel tooled to work. I'm going to try and see if I can make one work.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.