Backyard build in Central Texas, POOL IS UP!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Don, Welcome to the forum! :wave:

The deck around the pool was pretty easy just a little time consuming.

The first thing I did was get out all of the pieces that make the top portion of the pool frame. As you can see in a couple of the pictures I put the top frame together and used it as a guide for the deck. You will find that the 18' x 52" pool will have 18 sides to it. That is the starting point on calculating the trapazoid dimensions used for the deck. To find the angles needed for the trapazoids you take 360/18=20 (number of degrees in a circle divided by the number of sides the pool has and then you will have the angle needed in degrees). An 18 sided shape will have 20 degree angles just like an 8 sided shape has 45 degree angles. Now each one of the trapazoids will share half of the 20 degree angle. See the attached document.[attachment=0:3mtylx3k]trapaziod.pdf[/attachment:3mtylx3k] With the tolorences the tools are made and human error if you were to make 18 separate trapazoids and connected them together they may or may not line up correctly. So I just made sections of three and just custom cut the remaining sections to make sure they all fit. The size of the trapazoids were determined by the length of the sides of the frame. That is why I put together the frame to used as a guide. Hope this helps out. Any questions just ask. :cheers:

Attachments

• trapaziod.pdf
    22.1 KB · Views: 203
Looks great! I have a few questions:

- Why add mulch under the decking? It may be a stupid question, but I'm still learning. Does it prevent vegetation growth? Will any kind of mulch work?
- Did you figure out why the spigot it added in-line of the pump? Does it go in the vacuum side of the pump or the pressure side?

Wonderful job on the design. Looks to be another fun summer for ya'll!

Robins Airman said:
Crook...did your skimmer outlet look like this? if so, did you replace the pipe in order to glue on the valve?

Awesome job!...Thanks...Bo
Wecome to TFP :wave: Thanks for the comment.
Yes, my skimmer had the same fitting on it. I just took it off and used a standard 1.5' threaded to slip fitting and then glued the valve to it. :cheers:

That is awesome!! I've been after getting rid of the silly skimmer that comes with these pools. Question, when anyone plays in the pool does the PVC pipe holding the skimmer buck up and down at all? Our pool moves a lot including the frame. We leveled the ground twice with our Intex pools and it always ends up unleveling so I have a higher side. I'm afraid of borrowing your set up and the PVC cracking or the vinyl breaking. :)

Jackie

Radiorox said:
That is awesome!! I've been after getting rid of the silly skimmer that comes with these pools. Question, when anyone plays in the pool does the PVC pipe holding the skimmer buck up and down at all? Our pool moves a lot including the frame. We leveled the ground twice with our Intex pools and it always ends up unleveling so I have a higher side. I'm afraid of borrowing your set up and the PVC cracking or the vinyl breaking. :)

Jackie
Welcome to TFP Jackie :wave:
Thanks for the comment. I have not had any issue with the pool moveing while the kids are playing around. If the skimmer and the PVC pipe moves it will move with the pool back and forth but not up and down. The PVC pipe is not mounted down anywhere so their is some wiggle room for the whole system. Not sure how you leveled the ground but one of the best ways I have seen is to put a boarder of some sort in the ground and make sure it is level first. Once the boarder is level use some dirt (No Sand Yet) and level the ground inside the boardered area. Tamp down the area good. Now you can bring in the sand to do the final leveling. Tamp down the sand also. Now put the pool up. make sure you put some sort of paver or treated wood under each leg. You should be good to go. :cheers:

Just thought I would post a birdseye view of the pool.
:cheers:
clearpool.jpg

Do the Ultra frame pools have the rope around the bottom of the legs to keep them from kicking out with the water pressing against the sides? I noticed that you said you built the decking around the pool to press up against the legs to prevent that but from the pictures it doesn't look like the legs touch the deck?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Haulinbass02 said:
Do the Ultra frame pools have the rope around the bottom of the legs to keep them from kicking out with the water pressing against the sides? I noticed that you said you built the decking around the pool to press up against the legs to prevent that but from the pictures it doesn't look like the legs touch the deck?

The 24' x 52" doesn't come with the rope around the legs to keep the legs in and straight up and down. That is one of the reasons I built the deck around the bottom of the pool. Assuming this pool was like the other Intex I had (16' x 48") the legs kinda stuck out a little so this time I was going to keep the legs from going out to far. Well with that being said, Yes, the legs on this pool do not touch the deck like I thought they would. This pool has an extra thick liner at the bottom half of the pool to minimize the water streching the pool outward. With out the rope the legs still stand straight up with no issues. So now my deck is there just incase. Also this pool is just a tad smaller than 24' round.
:cheers:

I really like the way that you did your pvc, but the finished product looks different that what you posted originally. I do not see the braided pvc that you originally used, did you make some modifications? May I ask what the part list is that you used for this adapter? I have a Hayward Pump and Sand Filter that will be used with a intex SWG going to a 15'x42" intex frame pool. This is my first setup so please forgive my noobness :) Also when you did your skimmer, did you just attach the inner and outer pieces and then cut the opening after it was attached?

I really like how you've put your pool together, gives me something to strive for! :)

chad_k69 said:
I really like the way that you did your pvc, but the finished product looks different that what you posted originally. I do not see the braided pvc that you originally used, did you make some modifications? May I ask what the part list is that you used for this adapter? I have a Hayward Pump and Sand Filter that will be used with a intex SWG going to a 15'x42" intex frame pool. This is my first setup so please forgive my noobness :) Also when you did your skimmer, did you just attach the inner and outer pieces and then cut the opening after it was attached?

I really like how you've put your pool together, gives me something to strive for! :)
Thanks for the comments.
I changed from the braided PVC hose to standard PVS pipe. Please read this topic below I did on the current adapter I used on my pool.

Custom PVC pipe adapter for Intex pools

Feel free to ask any questions you may have.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.