Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Controller or Timers?

1. Back To Top    #1

Controller or Timers?

Looking at the controllers available, they seem to do a lot more than I need and I guess they aren't cheap.
    I am putting in a fairly simple system: 1Xpump,1XSWG,1Xsingle colour LED. No spa.
    If I put in separate timers for the pump and SWG (the SWG already has one), there is no guaranteeing that the clocks will keep the same time exactly.
    I suppose I could set the pump timer to start before and finish after the SWG but this seems a bit messy. I cant find a timer which will accommodate 3 items but a controller seems like overkill. What do people suggest in this sort of circumstance.
    11k gallon IG Ferrocement , Onga (Pentair) SF750 1hp pump, Onga Pantera MK11 PCF200sqft Cartridge Filter, Watermaid WM40-QT300 SWG, Spa Electrics GK7 LED

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Controller or Timers?

The simplest approach is to wire the SWG on the pump timer, so it is on exactly when the pump is. That is what many people do.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

You will just wire up the SWG to the load side of your time clock...

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks.
    After searching several times recently, the only outdoor time clock I have been able to find in Oz is this:
    http://www.davey.com.au/site/DefaultSit ... ermate.pdf
    It's $180 for the two power socket version which seems a lot compared to your Intermatic at $45, which isnt available here.
    11k gallon IG Ferrocement , Onga (Pentair) SF750 1hp pump, Onga Pantera MK11 PCF200sqft Cartridge Filter, Watermaid WM40-QT300 SWG, Spa Electrics GK7 LED