Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: SPA WATER LEVEL DROPPING

1. Back To Top    #1

SPA WATER LEVEL DROPPING

I have a pool with an elevated, attached spa that over-flows into the pool during normal operation. When the system is off at night the water level, which has normally stayed just below the out-flow lip has been dropping to the water level of the pool. The water level in the pool has not been dropping, so I am assuming there is no lose of water outside the system. I replaced the back-flow check valve for the spa but that did not correct the problem. Turning off the skimmer system and/or the valet cleaning system has had no impact on the water level drop. Could the new check valve be defected or should I look elsewhere for the solution...Thanks for your thoughts...

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: SPA WATER LEVEL DROPPING

There are basically two possibilities. Either the check valve is leaking or one of the automated valves is either leaking or otherwise not closing fully.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: SPA WATER LEVEL DROPPING

Thanks Jason, I have this same issue anspd will be trying to fix it this weekend.
    Plano, TX
    20,000 gallons Kidney Bean IG Plaster, Pentair Clean and Clear 530 Cartridge Filter