Getting Finished - (Pool Build Central FL)

Re: Much Progress!!!! - Pool Build Central Florida

Deck pour and Equip pad

Attachments

• Deck Pour (4).JPG
    Deck Pour (4).JPG
    263.5 KB · Views: 394
  • Deck Pour (5).JPG
    Deck Pour (5).JPG
    192.2 KB · Views: 394
  • Deck Pour (6).JPG
    Deck Pour (6).JPG
    204.8 KB · Views: 394

What's the distance from the house to the pool? It's hard to tell with the different perspectives of the pics - in some it looks 2 feet away in others a bit more.

The closest distance to the house/patio pad is 5'7" and that is at the shallower side of the pool

Regarding the expansion joints in the deck, there are no expansion joints ... I'll be having a word with my PB about that ... perhaps relief cuts can be done after the fact?

Thanks for those observations!

Karl

The deck forms were removed today. PB says that concrete touchup and deck spray texture will be next along with grading the property around the pool area. The screen enclosure folks will be taking measurements for the enclosure as well. No pics for this update ... not much happening aside from the concrete deck forms coming off.

Enjoy the Week!

My PB has taken on some more work and the wet weather has hindered progress a bit since my last update. Today my PB scored/cut lines in the deck to accomodate for crack relief. The screen enclosure gets measured this week as well. Concrete prep for acrylic texture is scheduled too. My wife and I picked out a mosaic for the beach area recently (there will be more mosaic pics as we pick them out) ... it is the only picture that I have for now. Hope to have more pics by end of the week.

Attachments

• Mosaic 2_1024x765.JPG
    Mosaic 2_1024x765.JPG
    116.2 KB · Views: 278

Karl,
Lots of luck to you neighbor, I couldn't sleep so I decided to have a look around, haven't been on the site in a while and I stumble on your post!
Everything looks great so far, what was the outcome with the skimmer?
Looks like your PB is stand up, I checked around for a re-plaster guy and what a nitemare, you can read about it I just updated some pics and comments in "We're back in Indialantic FLA".
I liked your first design but this one looks very interesting, can't wait to see the fire columns!
Again best of luck to you, I'm looking forward to more posts...

Slow, steady progress so far. The existing screened enclosure has been removed, and grading of the outside property was done. PB will be prepping concrete for texture application, the dirt pile goes, and screened enlcosure goes up after that. No pics this round until something pic-worthy happens ... hopefully by end of this week.

Take Care All!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

OK, I think I've been patient long enough - where's the new pics?

lbridges , I've been wondering the same too! My patience was wearing extremely thin ... barely any activity since April 11th !!!!!! Come to find out, my PB had a deadline with a new home builder to meet a closing dealine so work on my pool slowed down to barely a crawl. Actually, today someone was doing concrete prep; I've been told to expect a flurry of activity this week ... the concrete texture is being applied and then a top coat of color. If tomorrow's work is picture-worthy, I hope to have something posted then. It's been mid-80s with barely any rain over the last 3 weeks, I'm ready for some water in the backyard.

I feel for ya - we went through a similar thing and I thought I was gonna go crazy, started worrying that the PB went over the hill, and/or every other worry one can have.

From what I'm hearing and what I've experienced, the majority of PB's (NOT ALL OF THEM) work in this mode. Where did they learn these techniques??? We get no response, no returned calls, no visits for periods of times and then sometimes we get quick responses. I would much rather get a call like "Ed, we're sorry that we can't make it out there tomorrow like we said. We should be there on Monday" AND DO IT. I always tell my kids, "Don't say anything unless you will solidly commit to it". Our PB lied 90% of the time with what I would consider a learned technique to quickly say whatever appears to be what they want to hear. The best thing about building pools is that they WILL disappear and you'll be enjoying your pool.

Slow Progress!!!! - Pool Build Central Florida

My PB must have been feeling sorry for me ... there has been a smidgen of activity. The deck and porch are getting prepped for texture and the debris from my porch enclosure is history. No activity today and I don't expect much to be done tomnorrow as 750,000+ shuttle launch spectators will be in county jamming up the prime viewing areas. I'll be confortably watching the launch whilst safely perched in my boat on the Indian River while clutching my favorite adult beverage.

Have a Great Weekend All!

Attachments

• photo 1_1024x765.JPG
    photo 1_1024x765.JPG
    238.5 KB · Views: 141
  • photo 2_1024x765.JPG
    photo 2_1024x765.JPG
    194.4 KB · Views: 142
  • photo 3_1024x765.JPG
    photo 3_1024x765.JPG
    185.1 KB · Views: 142

A few more deck prep pics for the curious ... enjoy.

Attachments

• photo 4_1024x765.JPG
    photo 4_1024x765.JPG
    203 KB · Views: 140
  • photo 5_1024x765.JPG
    photo 5_1024x765.JPG
    251.1 KB · Views: 141
  • photo 6_1024x765.JPG
    photo 6_1024x765.JPG
    211.5 KB · Views: 141
"Deck Texture Applied!!!! - Pool Build Central Florida

PB has assured me that things will be on a "faster track" now that texture and initial color coat has been applied. Left fire pot is a bit out of round too, we'll see how the "fix" goes with that. Expecting the screened enclosure to be started this week ... they're telling me that it will take just 2 days for the enclosure to go up. (we'll see about that!)

The pics of the enclosure will be posted as it happens.

Have a great week All!

Attachments

• Deck Coat 2.JPG
    Deck Coat 2.JPG
    235.7 KB · Views: 102
  • Deck Coat 1.JPG
    Deck Coat 1.JPG
    301.1 KB · Views: 103
  • Deck Coat 3.JPG
    Deck Coat 3.JPG
    299.3 KB · Views: 103
Re: "Deck Texture Applied!!!! - Pool Build Central Florida

One more pic of the texture and initial deck color

Attachments

• Deck Coat 4.JPG
    Deck Coat 4.JPG
    308.6 KB · Views: 102

Karl, I'm gettin' tired of this - I WANT TO SEE WATER!!!

J/K, better not to rush, but I bet you are getting impatient.

So what's the justification for stopping work on your project to work on another? Unless they are the ones he stopped to begin yours and now it's your turn to wait?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.